• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 warrior suspension

speedfreak1

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 RX WARRIOR
I have done a lot of reading on here about the no- action suspension... I rode this weekend with a 2015 SKIdon't 146" track 2.5" lug 800 and a brand new Polaris 800 Assault 144"... I had no problems keeping up with these guys in the trails no matter the trail conditions and they got rough cuz of the 50 degrees F.. the ride before was so rough it was ridiculous.. so I loosened everything up the straps had a 1/4" of thread showing and I put the skinniest plastic washer in the bottom of the transfer rods I believe is what they are called... trying to get as much travel as possible.. It rode way better and was pretty happy with it I think with this sled being so heavy up front you don't need to strap it down to keep the ski's on the ground so it corners, I have studs in the track and put 7" shaper bars on the front.. When the trail got rough I could skip on top of the bumps and it stayed straight... when we dragged on the ice they kicked my butt but only from the launch we would jump out 2 sled lengths and stay there so it does not transfer weight worth a crap so I don't understand why people are tightening up there limiter strap when it doesn't need the ski pressure... I am planning on replacing with something better just not sure if I should go M-10 or the Mono shock...other than that this sled kicks butt those guys always give me crap about the weight but I could have passed them a few times and probably should have just to prove a point.. I need a new track pretty soon also was wondering how big a lug this sled can take before hitting the tunnel I am willing to remove the tunnel protectors to get the biggest lugs I can... thanks for your help these sleds rock..

I am planning on replacing with something better just not sure if I should go M-10 or the Mono shock...other than that this sled kicks butt those guys always give me crap about the weight but I could have passed them a few times and probably should have just to prove a point.. I need a new track pretty soon also was wondering how big a lug this sled can take before hitting the tunnel I am willing to remove the tunnel protectors to get the biggest lugs I can... thanks for your help these sleds rock..

I have an '04 Warrior with a 136" mono shock transplant. It rides nice and is definitely the cheapest of the 2 routes you mentioned above. Look for a nice Mono shock II and have the shock freshened and calibrated for you:

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/2004-warrior-re-build-upgraded-to-136-mono-and-much-much-more.138024/

A more expensive option would be an M20 airwave. This suspension, paired with a 1.5" lug Intense track is simply amazing! You could install used, factory rear drop brackets from a newer Apex or Vector LTX, wich would make an M20 installation very easy:

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/team-fast-m20-vector-ltx.141902/

I have an '04 Warrior with a 136" mono shock transplant. It rides nice and is definitely the cheapest of the 2 routes you mentioned above. Look for a nice Mono shock II and have the shock freshened and calibrated for you:

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/2004-warrior-re-build-upgraded-to-136-mono-and-much-much-more.138024/

A more expensive option would be an M20 airwave. This suspension, paired with a 1.5" lug Intense track is simply amazing! You could install used, factory rear drop brackets from a newer Apex or Vector LTX, wich would make an M20 installation very easy:

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/team-fast-m20-vector-ltx.141902/
wow thank you that is kinda the route I was heading but just depends on how much I can save up I want to do the mine and the wife's.. thanks for the info will definetly keep this in mind..

I'm not a fan of the mono skid, but then again, I have never ridden one that was set up correctly for my weight and riding style. Lots love them. As far as the the track goes, I would strongly suggest a 136 Backcounty with 1.75" lugs. I have one on my 03 RX1 and absolutly love it. It swapped right in. I don't run studs so I took the tunnel protectors out also which helped a great deal with ice build up in the tunnel.

Back