• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer Handwarmer Question

BordnBill

Expert
Hi All,

Bought my wife a 07 Phazer Mountain Lite this last April. Plans include new rear shocks and sending in the front arm and pivot link to Schmidt Bros to have them beefed up.

Another small little mod I would like to do is to either add the 08+ handlebars or add some bar end hooks to the current stock bars. Little did I realize, is the grips are heated on this year rather than having handwarmers like the 08+ Phazers. Could I get rid of the heated grips and go with the stick on handwarmers and splice the wires, or is that something that's a pain? Thanks for your help.

Check with Barn of Parts and see if Travis has a set of '08 bars. It was a pretty simple swap on the 07, and they were reasonably priced when I did this last year. BoP sells them with elements and grips installed, and tested to work when he takes them off the doner sled.

Thanks SnoNinja. Talked with Travis today and he has a set of bars. He compared the bullet connectors from the 07 heated handgrips to the 08 handwarmers and they are the same. Just making sure the bars he has, has the mountain strap mount on it. Was the swap pretty straight forward?
I notice in your signature that you have a set of the Schmidt Bros. Fox Zero Pro shocks... how do you like them? What about the Hygear Torsion Spacers? Looking at both of these mods as well as sending in my front pivot arm and pivot link so they can be reinforced. What spring did you run on the rear Fox Zero?

Thanks SnoNinja. Talked with Travis today and he has a set of bars. He compared the bullet connectors from the 07 heated handgrips to the 08 handwarmers and they are the same. Just making sure the bars he has, has the mountain strap mount on it. Was the swap pretty straight forward?
I notice in your signature that you have a set of the Schmidt Bros. Fox Zero Pro shocks... how do you like them? What about the Hygear Torsion Spacers? Looking at both of these mods as well as sending in my front pivot arm and pivot link so they can be reinforced. What spring did you run on the rear Fox Zero?
Bar swap was plug and play. You will probably want to invest in a Yamaheater from Rocztoys. Heater circuit ont he '07 is futile at best. Yamaheater makes it much better. That was pretty simple as well.

It think the Zero Pro's were valved and sprung for an FX. I bought them from Travis as well. Since I started with a GT, the torsions were pretty mushy. Have FX torsion to put on it for this winter. Even with the '08 updated front arm and billet pivot link, Ditch Cricket did manage to bust the front arm in clean in half last winter. I replaced the front arm with the gen 3 version off a 15 or so I think. I like the Zero Pro's, but we are still working at getting the suspension dialed in as it is a bit of a frankenstien with '07 GT parts, and '08 or '09 FX parts. I replaced everything in the '07 GT skid except the rails, rear arms, torsion springs and misc. nuts and bolts, and stretched it to 136 on top of that. Zero Pro's will be going to Carver Performance this fall for revalving specific to the rider, and skid configuration so it should be better.

Thanks SnoNinja. I had a Yamaheater on my old Nytro, and absolutely loved it. Probably will buy one for the Phazer as well, just focusing on the skid and bars right now.

Schmidt Bros will be valving the Fox Pro's for me when I order. Travis said he has an updated kit in stock and waiting to get cost on that. Chris Schmidt also said he can reinforce the pivot link along with the front arm if I choose that route. Plan on getting the Torsion Spacers from Hygear as well since the skid will be out. Travis only has the GT/FX bars in... nothing from a Mountain Lite, so I will continue that search. Once again, thanks for the info.

Back