• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 venture passenger hand warmers not working

blueoval

Has anyone found the fix for the rear handwarmers on a 07 venture ? I can ground the yellow wire that goes back to the processor @ the hand warmer relay and they get warm.. I guess the processor grounds it when it is ready ? I think the processor is not grounding on that leg or is there another input that I need to have them work ? I know i can just ground the yellow wire @ the relay but I just got the seld and want to make it right.. The yellow wire going back to the processor is not open checked that too..

any help would be great...

thx, Jim

I do not have the E-Print on this model. Do you? It sounds like you may.

If you want to send a copy of it to me, I'll take a crack at figuring this one out. None of my books show the passenger hand warmer circuit.

I just used the one on the back of the owners manual and blew it up to print full screen on my copier. Not sure if i can get it into file form from my printer. I could fax it to u though.. that would be easyest way ? I may just end up grounding the yellow return wire going back to the processor. The load control relay opens up on shutdown and will not drain the batt. anyway if the hand warmer switch is left on. I wonder if there was a recall on this problem ? do these processors last a long time ? I may want to carry a spare.
thx for the reply, Jim

I could not find a 07 Venture Operator Manual. I did find an 08 Venture manual. But there was no schematic in it.

Typically, the one side of the handlebar grip warmers is powered directly from the ECU. The other side of the grip warmers is connected to ground. Sometimes the warmers are paralleled. Sometimes they are in series with each other. But, either way, the one end goes to the power source and the other goes to ground.

In your case with the Passenger Grip Warmers, the power should be coming from the switch. I am not sure if the pre-switch source is the ECU or battery. But it should not matter. The power from the switch goes to the grip warmers. To complete the circuit the other side of the grip warmers has to be grounded.

Maybe you can scan the schematic into a PDF format and send it to me via a PM?

Had the same problem on my 07 Ventrue GT. I jumpered the relay just to make sure it was working. It was. Turned out the ground loop from the ECU wasn't working. I grounded it to the frame instead and it works great. The wife quit complaining.

Mike

Yes, I did almost the same thing yesterday I just grounded the yellow wire @ the passenger relay on the left side of the sled. The rear warmers get toasty now.. Where did u ground @ the processor ? The black or chocolate wire ? Mine were both reading to grnd on both of them @ the processor ?

thx for the help again, Jim

Here are the prints i finally got them compressed sorry for the delay..
schematic will be in next post..

Attachments

• SCAN0001-1.JPG
    SCAN0001-1.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 820
here is the schematic, will have to blow up again to view...
thx, Jim

Attachments

• SCAN0002-1.JPG
    SCAN0002-1.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,579
Can't read the last one. I need to blow it up a lot. Can you please send it to my E-Mail address. I put my email address in a PM to you. Please let me know if you need it again.

Actually, what you are doing is by-passing the safety's on the sled.
They are built into the ECU, the ECU checks the system voltage & if it is low, the ECU will shut-off the Passenger warmers.
(Unfortunately this happens ALOT!)

Am in the process of building a Plug & Play fix right now for this.
Will also have safeties built in, just not as tight as the ECU does.

The 2 biggest risks from bypassing the safety's are overloading the stator and/or causing an exhaust fire.

When the system voltage drops too low, the spark gets weaker & at the same time the fuel injection(if equipped) gets "sloppy", the 2 combine to cause a possible fire.

All this was discussed long while ago...
Have the sled on a stand then rev it.
ECU will close your circuit at higher RPM. Cannot recall... around 2800.
I posted the exact RPM couple of years ago.

And yes... only if all is fine and the system voltage is in SPEC.

I sent you a response to your email via email. They are right about the need for Low Voltage protection. I discussed that in my email. However, I guess you need to figure out if the Passenger Grip Warmers were working at all or just not working under low RPM conditions. Another thought would be to have your battery Load Tested. If your battery is not up to snuff, then maybe the ECU is disabling the Passenger Grip Warmer circuit becasue of low voltage. Otherwise, you have my recommendations in the email that I sent you.

Thank you all for the info.
The sled has a new battery. I will keep an eye on the passenger switch. I leave it off 99.9% of the time anyway. I did try to leave it on overnight for a check and it did not drain the battery to test it close to home. I have had it running only on 5-10 mile loops close to home with the yellow grnd wire connected to the processor. The motor was running well over 5-7K rpms.. at times. the rear warmers never got warm.
when i go for a longer run upstate i will try again grounded to the processor..
merry christmas ! Jim

Hi blueoval any update to your rear handwarmers not working? my girlfriends father just bought a 05 venture with 500kms and the rear hand warmers dont work. Thanks

Back