• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.6" Ice Cobra on 2011-2015 Apex?

Good to hear I loved this track on my viper. I would only expect the same results on the apex maybe better with the weight transfer. It will be going on my xtx. I did it myself on the viper and that was no fun.

Tracks USA and Tracks for less seem to have the best prices. Tracks for Less was around $569, but I think Tracks USA will price match. Tracks for less had my track from Michigan to Dilworth, MN in two days. Ordered Tuesday, on my doorstep Thursday afternoon. Amazing!

Have this track on my 2006 Apex with a 144" extended from 121" and no issues at all, plus it hooks up like a beast...

Ok, so here is a side benefit that I noticed. Again this is only from my first 95 miles on it. It seems quieter than the ripsaw. That drone is still there, but much less pronounced.

I guess I was listening to the engine and the chaincase whirr (waiting for it to grenade from mis-assembly) But I could actually hear the chaincase, or at least what I thought was the chaincase. I never heard that before as the drone from the ripsaw drowned out most of the other sounds.

I sure hope my chaincase is ok anyway. It was not abnormal at all, just not noticed it before.

Ok, so here is a side benefit that I noticed. Again this is only from my first 95 miles on it. It seems quieter than the ripsaw. That drone is still there, but much less pronounced.

I guess I was listening to the engine and the chaincase whirr (waiting for it to grenade from mis-assembly) But I could actually hear the chaincase, or at least what I thought was the chaincase. I never heard that before as the drone from the ripsaw drowned out most of the other sounds.

I sure hope my chaincase is ok anyway. It was not abnormal at all, just not noticed it before.
I had a similar conclusion with the 1.5 on my Apex as well.

We had such smooth trails, I don't think I came close to bottoming my suspension yesterday. So good to say, no scratches inside the tunnel yet. Just in my driveway! Good thing I have an EazyMove cart!

I am going to need more carbide up front. Although our trails yesterday were no indication of normal conditions. It was sloppy or slick, no in between.

Quick update. Did another 90 miles yesterday on harpack and icey trails these required studs and scratchers
I am very happy to report that the ice cobra performed like a Dream!

The sled stayed planted and launched like a freak I am totally amazed with its hardpack performance

Two more days and we will be testing in the Bighorns. I hope that extra lug will help

I put one on my 2016 XTX this year. I have about 800 miles on it. It hooks up so much better than my 1.25! I had about 100 studs in my previous track. It's not quite as good on icy corners but it certainly is better than a stock track. They put the smaller drive wheels on it due to clearance. It takes about 10% off the top end sadly. New track, 8.5 hours labor, new drive wheels....it's a pricey upgrade

I put one on my 2016 XTX this year. I have about 800 miles on it. It hooks up so much better than my 1.25! I had about 100 studs in my previous track. It's not quite as good on icy corners but it certainly is better than a stock track. They put the smaller drive wheels on it due to clearance. It takes about 10% off the top end sadly. New track, 8.5 hours labor, new drive wheels....it's a pricey upgrade
So you had the XTX 1.25" with the 8 tooth drivers. I have the 2016 XTX 1.75 with 7 tooth drivers. What were you seeing for top end with the stock set up? What are you seeing for top end now? I can get about 101 mph out of mine on the trail on hard pack.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I am running the Ice Cobra 1.6" on my sidewinder. Works very well. Hooks up nicely

So you had the XTX 1.25" with the 8 tooth drivers. I have the 2016 XTX 1.75 with 7 tooth drivers. What were you seeing for top end with the stock set up? What are you seeing for top end now? I can get about 101 mph out of mine on the trail on hard pack.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

About the same as you. It is a quieter (less drone) then the 1.25.

I don't mind the lower top speed as it pulls so hard now........ BUT i would like to have my speedo and odometer reading more accurately now.

Any ideas on how to go about that. I have to think its possible since the 1.75 factory track option has the smaller drivers

Depends on how much high it reads, maybe take a tooth off the pickup wheel.

I would think there's a setting in the computer and I can take care of this. That's why I mentioned some of the stocks let's come with the smaller Drive wheel and bigger track. They don't use a different spedometer apparatus I imagine

they most likely just have a different wheel/gear for the speedo pick up. look at the parts fisch for both and see if the part number is different. I have never seen anyone change the settings in the pod for this if there was the people with 06-10 apexes could just do that and have accurate speedos and I have never heard of it on these sleds. I have seen an after market part for sport bikes to make then accurate.

Back