• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1) TY Sled Build Intro!!

Nate, I am looking at what to do on the tunnel.... or do I want to paint the side panels...we can talk more as this build progresses.

Both! Polish the tunnel, paint the sled, then add Jordan's graphics!

It's true Tom! Polishing looks great! Once you finish. it will bead water like a coat of carnuba wax, shine like chrome and really stand out. Eventually though, you'll want to ride the sled. After several trips (especially near salt) without maintenance, aluminum oxide will begin to form along with staining (etching) from water droplets. You could shoot the tunnel with a coat of clear but because of the surface finish, you'll introduce the possibility of peeling, discoloration, etc.

Having said that, I think some of the cleanest sleds out there including 1crazysledder's Attak, are simply color matched with no polishing.

If you really like the look of polished components, I think you'd do well to stick with bogies, bar risers and other detailing parts.

My vote is pearl white for plastic, flat or semigloss black on metal and a third accent color or some polished details mixed throughout. Keep it simple and let the sled speak for itself.

Sean

www.CurveXS.com

MrSled said:
Yes at me house in Kronenwetter.
If you need help at all when you're working on it just give me a call up and I'll come help. Good way for me to learn about Yamaha sleds!

-Eric 715-571-0806

Will do!! I may be working on it this weekend, Most likely Sunday... you can always stop over and see what going on too...

715-571-2055

Hey Tom, you bringing the project sled to the Novi show etc.????? Are we gonna name it??? Kinda like the 'mailbox' (for lack of a better example at the moment? ;)! )

Not sure about Novi.... been kicking around the idea but the booth spaces are insane for what the site is there for.

Tom Sled looks awesome! Sorry I missed out on helping/sponsoring it. Ive been too busy working on sleds and not enjoying them. If any thing breaks and you need parts let me know Id be happy to contribute any thing I can. I also have a great solution for blowing off the inter cooler if you have not solved that problem yet.

Thanks Laneo, we have resolved that with tabs welded on and the intercooler is now held on with exhaust springs... works great!!

Back