• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

100 MPH, blown belt, 8800 rpm

Sidewinder146

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha sidewinder
I have 650 miles on my sidewinder xtx-se 141, it has 21/41 gearing. On good trails today I could only pull 100 MPH max(speedo) , my rpm was at 8800, and my belt shredded. Clutches were very hot, almost seems like it isn't shifting completely out for top end. The track is 141X1.6" so I'm not expecting to get the same speeds as the shorter track versions. Should I be maxed out at 99-100 mph ?Any input would be appreciated !

Last edited:

New rollers? My sled is a ltx and I blew a belt the exact same way. I then put the cat rollers in and changed the secondary spring position. I got a bit more top end. But the shift felt better and the clutches where cool.

New rollers? My sled is a ltx and I blew a belt the exact same way. I then put the cat rollers in and changed the secondary spring position. I got a bit more top end. But the shift felt better and the clutches where cool.
I have stock rollers. What secondary spring position did you use?

Add the same experience last Saturday. What a mess...

I put cat roller and put the secondary from 3-3 to 6-1 to get higher rpm

2adbbb15e7c27f5e69abcad33d9ecd12.jpg

4154cdbb2399292d11f9ce5bd46c88d3.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

I ran 101 on a BTX LE and got 1100miles on my belt installed new now just because you xtx guys should hit over 100

XTX SE 21/41 gearing running 126mph so far (I have EVP's stage 4)....

Shagman BTX LE already hit 108mph stock other than clutching.

GPS on phone.

Speedo read the same.

I have a GPS mounted on the SW now for this weekend.

Add the same experience last Saturday. What a mess...

I put cat roller and put the secondary from 3-3 to 6-1 to get higher rpm

2adbbb15e7c27f5e69abcad33d9ecd12.jpg

4154cdbb2399292d11f9ce5bd46c88d3.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Nice to see you made it over here Martin. There is lots of info on here about the belt issues. I feel this issue will get solved and we can put it to rest. Shagman, NOS-Pro and Dalton Ind. I would follow.

Troy -journeyman

Joe,you still running stock secondary spring,and you now have it wrapped at?60% 70%

Joe,you still running stock secondary spring,and you now have it wrapped at?60% 70%
I still have it wrapped at 6-1. I've seen like 115 mph. No marks on the spring. Clutches had a bit of brown on them in one spot.

Back