• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1049 genesis motor missing, low miles, please help

100% agreement with Mooseman. Just pull the cam cover and see if the valve is stuck! The crap they used is supposed to be for sticky rings, and it doesn't work anyway.

But the mechanic who worked on it must ride the short bus because he changed out the injectors and ECU, when he had no compression? Heck you can hear a no compression cylinder when your cranking the motor, just pull a spark plug and crank your motor sounds ugly.

Well....good news. Yamaha is standing behind it. Putting new crate motor in, but don't know about labor yet. I already wasted $400 on test previously, they need to cover it completely now. Hoping and praying they do, dealer and I followed their instructions, so in my book the outcome is their responsibility.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's awsome, your dealer went 2 bat big time

Ya, that's cool. Small dealer, nice people. You don't just feel like a number, actually treat you like a person.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Back