• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

121 to 136 mono.

stevieu1

Expert
My track is finally shot after 12000 miles. I would like to extend to 136 ". Tips? Is there a complete kit out there?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just find a used ltx skid.

To do it right you need the 136 rear arm, mount plates and the rear upper cross shaft with wheels. Now you could go to a 128 rear arm and use the 2011 and up mount plates with the upper idlers mounted on the plates.

I did the simplest 121 to 128 with a TRACKS USA extension to my 06 mono because track was shot at 11k miles as well. 128 was a subtle change not sure if worth the $ in retrospect. I have a 136 that is also a little better on bumps and off trail. I am 99% trail so the extra length to me has been more ride and stability. Others will have to comment on advantage in deep snow.

My track is finally shot after 12000 miles. I would like to extend to 136 ". Tips? Is there a complete kit out there?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Not a complete kit that I am aware of.
We did 2 with Tracks USA rail extension kits. Very good kits.
2005 Supercharged RX 1 to a 136 & 2006 Supercharged Apex GT to a 144".
One tunnel extension [136] was Yamaha part & the other [144] was Muffin Works.
The 136 mod on the RX 1 was very good, not perfect. The 144 mod on the Apex is too much IMHO.

As Mr Sled mentioned, to do it right get the Ltx or Attak parts. Having done one 121-136 complete extension kit I struggled for some time getting the sled to handle properly. It was not the kit's fault but the incorrect geometry of the arms for the longer rails.
Contact one of the advertisers on this site. I'm sure one of them can set you up with the proper OEM parts to get you to 136.

I did the 136 tracks USA kit with a 1.5 intense track. Love it!!! It hooks up great on and off trail. Made a different sled out of it.

As Mr Sled mentioned, to do it right get the Ltx or Attak parts. Having done one 121-136 complete extension kit I struggled for some time getting the sled to handle properly. It was not the kit's fault but the incorrect geometry of the arms for the longer rails.
Contact one of the advertisers on this site. I'm sure one of them can set you up with the proper OEM parts to get you to 136.

What was going on with the handling? I just installed Hartman 136 rail extensions on my fiance's 2012 Vector 121 and used an LTX tunnel extension. I have read that the track will need to be run looser than normal. That shouldn't be an issue due to the extrovert drivers but I am wondering what kind of handling problems you were experiencing.

My ext was on a No Action suspension. It killed the steering ability of the sled. Fixed the steering with Apex skis and Snowtrackers.
On the Delta chassis this won't be such a big factor as the mounting points for the suspension are the same in the 121 and 136 config

Back