• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128" rail extension info

I'll be honest my biggest hesitation on this kit is the bracket that I have to put on the outside of my tunnel and having to do all the modifications to my tunnel... I'm probably being to picky but I like the look of my clean tunnel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply move holes back 4" and build your own plates. Make them look however you want them to

If you don't want to do the relocate I'd at least install a prestudded 128" track to make it worth doing. You could also extend it out to a 136" with a tunnel extension and 8" tipped rails.

If you don't want to do the relocate I'd at least install a prestudded 128" track to make it worth doing. You could also extend it out to a 136" with a tunnel extension and 8" tipped rails.

Yah I was wondering about that, it's going to be a summer thing the biggest issue I have is it looks like there is track missing in the back, too much gap from the track to the snow flap, looks kinda dumb... I think a 136" would be as big as I would want to go as I do basically all trail riding so I don't have the need for a 144" ( even though it looks sweet)

I have have a 1 1/4" ice attack studded track and l love it.

I have have a 1 1/4" ice attack studded track and l love it.

The track I have on is a 1.25 ripsaw I think but our winter has been crap thus far, was debating studding it but I'm gonna hold off, this is the first sled I have had with no studs

You don't need a 144 for trails . The 136" with a tipped 8" extension and a Ice attack would be a big improvement and It would feel much like a short track.

You don't need a 144 for trails . The 136" with a tipped 8" extension and a Ice attack would be a big improvement and It would feel much like a short track.

I'm more concerned about reliability I'm not exactly delicate ( nor slim) and I just wanted to make sure if I stick em on that there not prone with major issues

Yannie how long have you had the track on your sled? Have you noticed the more you drive it that the pre studs start sticking g out more?
I just put the same track on a month ago seems to work good just not sure about pre studs. I think the traditional studs do far better job of getting traction. Have to Waite and see if it's accually worth the $950 I spent on it. Lol

I've had my track for 3 years 8,000 kms, I'm 260 lbs without gear, I'm pretty rough on my sled. I drive it all over the place. Haven't noticed the studs coming out or even losing any. I've had 0 issues with the track. I'm pretty sure I paid around $650-$700 for my track from royal distributing.

The prestudded tracks are durable with no chance of throwing a stud through the heat exchanger. I like the fact that the track isn't overly aggressive but still has plenty of traction to handle icy corners without kicking out. I'll never go back to a fully studded after running the Ice attack. The track USA rail extensions are also well made so there's no issue there.

I installed this 136' Ice Attack on my nytro with a skid relocate and 4" rail extension a few years back: http://ty4stroke.com/threads/136-with-skid-relocate.122469/

IMG_4505.JPG

That's good to hear then. I didn't mean accually losing studs just when I've started driving mine around the stud tips seam to be sharpening themselves and I guess you could say the rubber around the tips are getting warn away cause I can just see some threads by looks of it ( if you wanna call it that) not much maybe a millimetre or two.
I had the 1.75 back country stock track on it but just to much track in Ontario. Starting ripping lugs off.

go Star relocation kit it will move your suspension back 3.5" makes the sled alot better.

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to meet grizztracks on a TY ride in New York. Since then, I also had an opportunity to ride grizztrack's Nytro when it was extended to 128 inches. While many share their appreciation for Star relocation kit, I particularly did "not" like the new feel of this new ride. Instead, I liked the feel and handling characteristics of my FX Nytro RTX SE. So after nearly (3) years of extending my track to 128 inches, I have absolutely no regrets of not going with a skid relocate kit. The 128" Ripsaw II track offers improved stability when traveling at hire speeds when going down the trail or across lakes. Many thanks to grizztracks for performing this work on my sled!

Back