• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

128" rail extension info

I have a rail extension from WPS if needed--

Attachments

• wps extention.JPG
    wps extention.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 90
  • wps estention 2.JPG
    wps estention 2.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 88
  • wps extention 4.JPG
    wps extention 4.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 83
  • wps estention 3.JPG
    wps estention 3.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 87

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to meet grizztracks on a TY ride in New York. Since then, I also had an opportunity to ride grizztrack's Nytro when it was extended to 128 inches. While many share their appreciation for Star relocation kit, I particularly did "not" like the new feel of this new ride. Instead, I liked the feel and handling characteristics of my FX Nytro RTX SE. So after nearly (3) years of extending my track to 128 inches, I have absolutely no regrets of not going with a skid relocate kit. The 128" Ripsaw II track offers improved stability when traveling at hire speeds when going down the trail or across lakes. Many thanks to grizztracks for performing this work on my sled!

Could you elaborate on what it was that you didn't like about the star kit vs the stock 121 or rail extension?

mcamzr: You ask a fair question. To begin, I have never spoken with or received sales literature from any skid relocation employee or vendor. My interpretation of skid relocate kits is based on an actual ride that I took on a 2008 FX Nytro RTX that had a skid relocate kit installed. I bought my 2009 FX Nytro RTX SE brand new, and I ride it to this day as my primary sled. I weigh 205 and am 5' 10" tall.

Generally speaking, it is important that snowmobilers be aware of options when considering items discussed on these forums. I believe that snowmobilers do have a choice when extending a track on a Nytro from 121" to 128". One has the choice whether or not to install a skid relocate kit.

I choose two points to consider when deciding to purchase a skid relocate kit. One is the feel and the other is the concept or benefit. Well, I was unable to get past the new feel of a skid relocate kit when I rode a snowmobile nearly (3) years ago with one installed. The one word that comes to my mind is that the skid felt deflated. This is my opinion of how it felt to me.

Nearly (3) years ago, I ordered a Tracks USA rail extension to extend my Nytro from 121" to 128". This rail extension allows approximately 5" of additional track surface on the ground. When I decided to order a new track, I preferred 128" with studs. I very much like the Camoplast Ripsaw II track. The added track length has some benefits in deep snow and when riding at higher speeds compared to a 121" track. I've enjoyed riding in hard pack snow on trails, loose snow on trails, off trail riding in more than (2) feet of snow behind a snowmobiler who first cut through the snow, and on frozen lakes.

To summarize, I like the rail extension kit to 128" on my Nytro as well as the Camoplast Ripsaw II track. The choice is yours if you want to install a "skid relocate" kit. I shared with grizztracks recently that I enjoy riding my Nytro more today than ever before. All the best.

Back