• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

129 vs 137

Going to look at a new Winder tomorrow. RTX Se and an LTX Se. Got to decide which track length to go with. My viper is a 137 and while it rides good after spring change and revalve, it transfers like crap. Is the 129 too short? is it assey?

It appears that no company has come up with a kit that increases transfer like the Star kit on the XTX 144 tipped rail Apex.
Or have I just not found it ?

I personally think there is more than enough transfer on the LTX LE. Is it a wheelie monster no. But it's one hell of a great handling trail sled.

I went from a Viper ltx se 137 to a Rtx Le Sidewinder. With my shock package and hp I have no regrets going to a 129. The fun factor is there. I haven't rode the 137 Sidewinder so I am going off my Viper which I could barely get off the ground and with a shock revalve job on the Viper skid that sure helped with transfer and rode smoother.

I personally think there is more than enough transfer on the LTX LE. Is it a wheelie monster no. But it's one hell of a great handling trail sled.
I think the ride ,handling, and power are great!
But without more transfer it cant hook up , like any 129, or my Apex XTX 144 Star , or even no Star .

Well, i can't argue with you as far as lining them up goes.
But, If you are trying to keep the sleds skis on the trail under power it's fine. I have my blocks out and I really wanted to move the transfer rod back ,but never got the time. I truly think this would allow you to get the most transfer and tune it down quickly for trail riding.

I agree .
I also took the blocks out , but that really didn't make much of a difference .
Hesitated on moving the bar back , hoping to find another solution .
Maybe someone will come up with an answer before next winter.
On my Apex , I made many improvements before I even rode it , based on what I read on TY, and love it , and still have it.
I cant believe I didnt do anything to my SW , not even change skis or even carbides .
That shows how close to perfect this sled actually came stock , particularly with the shock package on the LTX LE .
Hope to get a couple more rides this year , and are really looking forward to next winter , after I do some tweaking , and probably now , sell my Apex .

There will be no issues with a 129" transferring. I'm currently trying to get it to not transfer so much. Even with a racewerxs block on full in back and shocks dropped it was a hand full at a 660 radar run. no steering period, even over 110mph.

There will be no issues with a 129" transferring. I'm currently trying to get it to not transfer so much. Even with a racewerxs block on full in back and shocks dropped it was a hand full at a 660 radar run. no steering period, even over 110mph.

129 more flickable in trail, will pull 137 out of hole and faster topend! The perfect length...even in powder I stand it straight up...traction is phenomenal for short track.

I'm having same issue. Can't decide between 129 and 137. I like the look of the longer tunnel and seems it should be slightly better in deeper snow but it is $500 more and I like the idea of more transfer of the 129 indeed has more. Tough call.

I f I would of known what I know now , I would of bought the 129.
But I don't think you can go wrong with either !

I might have gone 129 as well. I was hoping the 137 would bridge the bumps a little better and give me a better ride in stutters etc. I am a big guy so its hard to compare and suspension is even more important when you are 6'4" and 290 Lbs. I have some parts off of my Apex if anyone wants to make me an offer LOL. I put the Hygear dual rate spring on my Mono and she transferred awesome stutters were incredible and it very rarely bottomed out. Widening kit and sway bar plus 5.7s with Shaper bars that sled railed. Big bumps though would wear me out. and seating position even with the WRP seat was lacking. I have a machinist friend I am going to see if he can make me a new transfer bar with a 1" more offset. Same bolt position just move the stop back 1" I think that would give me better transfer on the Winder

I'm sure there is some bridging happening , but the lack of transfer is the biggest issue ,IMO.
Did you try taking the bar out completely ?
Hopefully that gives too much transfer , so maybe your offset is the answer.That way there is some adjustability.
I wasn't aware there is enough room on either side of the transfer mechanism to do the offset .
Is it the extra length of the skid that is reducing the transfer from the 129 ?
Please send some pics , and feedback , when you get the offset done.

You guys with LE 137 should make rebound as fast as possible without kicking in rear shock. That along with the block removal should be enough. Moving the rear scissor mounting point at rails forward would also work at giving you more sag but that's a major undertaking. Light springs as said would also help.

Back