• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

135mm wheel issues.

olivia317

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 FX Nytro XTX SC
IMG_1493.JPG
I have 135mm Kimpex wheels on my '03 RX1. Every year I have problems with the plastic bushings breaking apart. When I take the wheel apart the bushings are very brittle and usually just crumble. I find out one is bad when the cap is missing. Don't get it. Looked at Excell wheels but don't see a listing for '03 RX1. Kimpex wheels are using the same bearings. Why are these bushings breaking? Is there an alternative?

Last edited:

There is an aluminum adapter that Yamaha sells for the proaction skid for these wheels. It is intended to replace the plastic bushing so that you can run the newer style apex wheels(which use the same bearing)or when running the Yamaha aluminum wheels. I currently have these on my 2005 Rx1 Warrior with stock sized wheels and it made a huge difference in slider wear. Those darn plastic bushing have movement in them even when the bolt is super tight. The aluminum adapter fixes that and holds the wheel more true.

Maim did a write up here:

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php/97325-idler-wheel-bushings-mod-proaction

There is an aluminum adapter that Yamaha sells for the proaction skid for these wheels. It is intended to replace the plastic bushing so that you can run the newer style apex wheels(which use the same bearing)or when running the Yamaha aluminum wheels. I currently have these on my 2005 Rx1 Warrior with stock sized wheels and it made a huge difference in slider wear. Those darn plastic bushing have movement in them even when the bolt is super tight. The aluminum adapter fixes that and holds the wheel more true.

Maim did a write up here:

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php/97325-idler-wheel-bushings-mod-proaction
Exactly what I need. Thanks!

you are welcome! those damn things drove me nuts before i found the fix too.

you are welcome! those damn things drove me nuts before i found the fix too.
Tried to order them with no luck. Out of stock though Yamaha. Haven't found any yet. Still stuck with the plastic bushings.

dang. i might have a set in my parts pile still but i need to check 1st.

Next time I have them apart I could measure them and let you know the measurements so you can have a machine shop make you some.

Actually found two of the Yamaha bushings new in the bag. Gonna copy them when they get here. Thanks!

No problem I was just thinking about going into garage tomorrow and taking one of my dad's venture to measure one.

Back