• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

137 XTX Viper Skid project.

The front skid shocks are different length between the XTX and LTX. Check out page 8 in the 2014 service manual. looking at the dimensions I would try the LTX shock first because it has a shorter collapsed length and make sure it hits the rail bumpers slightly before it fully collapses.
Good info and well noted. I am NOT using the LTX shocks in any case.

You probably already checked the center to center dimensions between the arm mounting holes on the rails to make sure they match the XTX, but thought I'd mention it. If the LTX hole spacing is different, you may encounter some geometry problems.

I used a set of XTX rails to find the locations to be sure the new mounting point were right on or damn close... its a trial so it may or may NOT work. From my experience with building and fitting skids in all kinds of sleds, I am pretty sure this will work.

Did you ever get a chance to do a weight comparison? I've never heard exact numbers but have heard from several different people that the standard 141" uncoupled skid is pretty significantly lighter than a 129 or 137..15-20 pounds is ringing a bell.

Did you ever get a chance to do a weight comparison? I've never heard exact numbers but have heard from several different people that the standard 141" uncoupled skid is pretty significantly lighter than a 129 or 137..15-20 pounds is ringing a bell.

I did not weight them. Next time I pull it out I can. I was more keyed on the ride of the XTX and the none coupled handling with no ski lift.

Come on Tom, parts list please.

MAYBE Tom built a prototype for YAMAHA and can't release part numbers till March 1 st. Let's get that going

Tom is most likely headed to or is at the Manitoba ride. Will only have wifi while in Canada if his phone is like mine when I'm there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. Busy busy.
Are these just bolt on parts, or some cut and grind, weld and beat into submission with a hammer?

Are these just bolt on parts, or some cut and grind, weld and beat into submission with a hammer?

You will need to drill a few holes in the LTX rails to except the bolt on parts.. thats about it. I will work on some info this weekend and pictures.

Back