• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

137 XTX Viper Skid project.

You will need to drill a few holes in the LTX rails to except the bolt on parts.. thats about it. I will work on some info this weekend and pictures.
Thanks Tom, sounds great, looking forward to it.

You will need the XTX front arm, rear arms and shocks, basically every thing in this exploded view other then the limiter straps.

Click <here> for more on the parts list:

XTX Exploded View.gif

The limiter straps when installed need to be let out as far as possible for this build.
Using the stock LTX rails, remove the front wheel and drill a new lower shock mount hole 3/4" towards the tips as shown:
IMG_1884.JPG

Where the rear arm mounts you will need to drill a new stopper hole for the arms stops 1" back from the mounts holes as shown:

IMG_1886.JPG

Drill new cross member reinforcement holes 6 1/2" and bump stop holes (1o" to edge of bump stop) into the rails hooking the tape onto the rail cutout as shown.

IMG_1891.JPG

Relocate the front idler wheels from under the ltx arms to the front holes in the rails as shown, be sure to put the bolt heads on the inside of the rails:

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

Remove the cross shaft behind the rear scissor on the LTX.
IMG_1892.JPG

Start to bolt the XTX Arms back into the rails.
IMG_1882.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG

Once the skid is all back together, use the mount points as shows in the images. The rear holes in the front mounts and the uppers in the rear plate. This will maintain your CTC distance and keep the rail tips from hitting the drivers.

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

Any questions please feel free to ask and I can walk you thru it.

Sweet! Thanks for posting all the info. This is an interesting setup

How did this skid work out in the end? I am interested in doing this mod for next year. Will the LTX shocks work or are they the wrong length?

How did this skid work out in the end? I am interested in doing this mod for next year. Will the LTX shocks work or are they the wrong length?

I love it. I think it worked out great. I dont think the shocks will work in the rear but not certain. I will have to do some checking when I pull the sled into the shop this summer.

I love it. I think it worked out great. I dont think the shocks will work in the rear but not certain. I will have to do some checking when I pull the sled into the shop this summer.
Tom, any more seat time on this conversion this season?

Back