• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16' Front End

FxNytro2010

Veteran
I have a base model 2015 Viper MTX 153 with the HPG coil springs shocks and I want to add the new OEM 2016 front end package. Does my coil spings shocks need to be changed ? If so, can it be shorten or I really need to buy new shocks ?

If going from 2015 40" wide to 2016 38" wide, then yes, you will need to have your sucks shortened. I went from 42" to 2016 40" and had spacers stalled in my Floats and they work great. Shock length for 38" is 17.1" CTC extended. For 40" it is 17.9" extended, and for 42" it is 18.6" extended. The cat coversion kits come with spacers I believe.

Yes you will, the Cat 2016 kit does come with spacers but from what I understand they are for the Fox Floats. With our 365 kit you can use any and all the factory shocks with any modifications, or the need to buy new shocks at all. The 42" 40"38" and 36' wides front and shocks will work with our kit. www.barcodeperformance.com

Cat now has a 38" width kit with the 16+ spindles so you can reuse your shocks and lower arms if you don't want/need the 36" width.

Back