• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 Vector rear air shock

apexhank

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 SIDEWINDER LTX GT (soon)!
2019 SIDEWNDER LTX DX 6000 miles
2018 VIPER LTX DX 2200 miles
2014 VIPER LTX DX 8000 + miles
2014 BENNINGTON 22 ft. PONTOON BOAT/ 90 HP Yamaha
Has anyone had any experience getting the right air pressure adjustment in the rear suspension? What air pressure are you running at?

Apexhank

I think the Apex side had some commentary on the air shock last year. You may want to search that forum. As I recall the feedback wasn't overly positive, but some folks are happy.

185 psi with back of sled lifted off the ground seem to be the best for me.
This is on a 146" track.

Check with your dealer as there is an updated rear shock for 2016 apex & vectors. I had my replaced on my vector last week, sure made a big difference in the ride.

is the new one a coil over , who makes it for Yammie??? some have added an Elka on their own

It is still an fox air shock, here is the picture of old shock vs new shock.
Rear Shock.jpg

So what does the extra reservoir and nob do ? Some kind of compression or rebound adjuster ?

It is still an fox air shock, here is the picture of old shock vs new shock.View attachment 127165

I looked at fox's website & they do not show that updated rear shock. I am sure that you got that updated shock from yamaha but fox doesn't show it available to the consumers.
Looks like the only way you can buy that shock is through yamaha. I don't understand why you cannot buy it from fox.

I looked at fox's website & they do not show that updated rear shock. I am sure that you got that updated shock from yamaha but fox doesn't show it available to the consumers.
Looks like the only way you can buy that shock is through yamaha. I don't understand why you cannot buy it from fox.

Going back to my 1st. post that was for a Vector 129 suspension.

Check with your dealer as there is an updated rear shock for 2016 apex & vectors. I had my replaced on my vector last week, sure made a big difference in the ride.

Did they charge you for the shock & the labor. I have heard somewhere that yamaha was giving the shock for free but you had to pay for labor, is that right.

From what Elka told me they do not make any updated rear shocks for the 2016 or the 2017 Vectors or Apex.
I saw picsof it on here in a different thread it was a slingshot suspension I believe not a mono with an Elka

yup its on next page under 2016 air shock, couldn't seem to paste it sorry . its a slingshot for sure

No change for the new shock and I did not pay a installation charge, some dealers are charging to install, as Yamaha is not paying it. A friend of mine had to pay for the installation at his dealer. I understood that it gives you the opportunity to make an adjustment to harden or soften the suspension, without getting out the pump, I could be wrong about that. I have not adjusted mine, but I will tell you what a difference the new shock made on my sled, it takes the moguls and bumps just as good or maybe better than the my 2011 apex xtx.

Back