• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

18,000 Miles!!!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT.
WEBSITE
www. Moosehead Lawn Care.com
YAHOO
colemanbodemer@yahoo.com
Made it to 18,000 miles today on my 08 vector ltx gt. It is running so good. The only thing I need for it, to make it a 100% is one more new fuel pump. Because as of right now I have a shut off installed, so it will not leak gas into the motor. Maine riding has been great!!
2017-03-30 13.19.26.jpg 2017-03-30 13.19.56.jpg 2017-03-30 13.20.03.jpg 2017-03-30 14.15.46.jpg 2017-03-30 14.15.52.jpg

So tell us what maintenance or repairs you had to do? I have my 07 Attak and may not be able to get into a newer one..so I can make this one go for a while then great.. I'm 68yrs old and not alot of $$$... the wife would give me a hard time proably as well.

So tell us what maintenance or repairs you had to do? I have my 07 Attak and may not be able to get into a newer one..so I can make this one go for a while then great.. I'm 68yrs old and not alot of $$$... the wife would give me a hard time proably as well.
I can tell by his signature he's done the exhaust doughnuts and the front end bushings and that's 2 big ones.

Riding yet end of March.... you suck!!![emoji38]

Seriously though, hope you get another 18k out of it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Sweet.........of course it's a YAMAHA so you know it's just the standard around here, im sure those other guys will never see posts like this one unless they switch. :D
Yeah, haha. How many miles do you have on your custom built sleds? I have seen the builds you do, you do good work, they look amazing!!!

Like Al Bundy said, I did replace the lead stock doughnuts at 15,xxx miles to the copper doughnuts. I did replace the lower speedo bearing, as I did not want that to go, and take out the sensor. I have replaced the weights, rollers, had the sheaves on the clutches smoothed out, they had grooves. I did replace the front end bushings with the metal oil light bushings. Over this winter, I had to replace the starter, starter relay, as that went. And also, had to replace a fuel pump this year. Then found out the other fuel pump went to, so I still need another one. But as for replacing parts, I have not replaced the jackshaft bearing yet, chain case bearings, rear suspension wheels. One of the rear suspension wheels did fall off though at 10,000 miles or so, so I just put on a used one. I do grease up all the wheels, jackshaft, drive bearing(speedo). Oh, and I am still on the original track!!! My Grandfather got 22,000 miles out of his original track on his rage. Other than the starter issue, and the fuel pump problems this year, it has been a very very good sled. No major parts to replace except the starter. I will add this though, if I am using this sled again for a full winter, I will be getting the bulkhead saver kit this summer, just in case. The sled I would like to buy this summer would be an 08 Apex ltx gt 40th.

Riding yet end of March.... you suck!!![emoji38]

Seriously though, hope you get another 18k out of it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Haha, the trails are very very good!!! Off trail is even better. I really do hope I can get 18 more thousand out of it.

Yeah, haha. How many miles do you have on your custom built sleds? I have seen the builds you do, you do good work, they look amazing!!!

Thanks for the kind words, they are always fun to create and even more fun to ride....Their Yamaha's that just happen to look Kool :cool:. Riding double all the time and going into very remote areas and ALWAYS making it home on very reliable sleds is a comforting feeling. The addition of HID Lights has made driving my sleds even more enjoyable and Rocks Yama Heaters has allowed me to keep driving sleds, as my fingers can't stand up to the cold temps here. I just change the oil, gas them up and turn the key and go just like the Energizer Bunny.......did you know he rides a Scoot :) ;)!

Thanks for the kind words, they are always fun to create and even more fun to ride....Their Yamaha's that just happen to look Kool :cool:. Riding double all the time and going into very remote areas and ALWAYS making it home on very reliable sleds is a comforting feeling. The addition of HID Lights has made driving my sleds even more enjoyable and Rocks Yama Heaters has allowed me to keep driving sleds, as my fingers can't stand up to the cold temps here. I just change the oil, gas them up and turn the key and go just like the Energizer Bunny.......did you know he rides a Scoot :) ;)!
Haha, did not know that about the Energizer Bunny. The Yamaheater is very nice, I will admit. Going to have to get the HIDs one of these days.

Congrats on 18,000 miles! I am 94 miles shy of 13,000 miles on my apex, Rode in Millinocket area for a last ride last Sunday April 2nd... now I am done for the season. good year for me!

Congrats on 18,000 miles! I am 94 miles shy of 13,000 miles on my apex, Rode in Millinocket area for a last ride last Sunday April 2nd... now I am done for the season. good year for me!
Nice!! How many miles where you able to put on this season? This winter in Maine was great, I thought.

Back