• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

18 doos

I'm used to the trash talk....I had formula plus (ok, I milled the head) when those freakin yammy cockroach sleds would blow me away on the bumps....but it had power to run with the bozo the clown graphic cat 650. They get so pissed today when the backpack stand uppers look and see this old apex trying to pass, even on garbage trails ( Not the big g outs....even with hygear susp. I know what battles to pick....)!! Gotta love it being the underdog.

I'm used to the trash talk....I had formula plus (ok, I milled the head) when those freakin yammy cockroach sleds would blow me away on the bumps....but it had power to run with the bozo the clown graphic cat 650. They get so pissed today when the backpack stand uppers look and see this old apex trying to pass, even on garbage trails ( Not the big g outs....even with hygear susp. I know what battles to pick....)!! Gotta love it being the underdog.

Boy that explains this generation of riders. I saw bucket loads of that around Twin Lakes, Michigan last week. What gets me is so many of them are on that 15 mile stretch of trail on mountain type machines with 2-3" paddle tracks, stand up riding, backpacks on, noisy braap cans, constantly goosing the throttle to hear themselves, churning the crap out of a freshly groomed trail just to get to their off trail destination. They could groom that section all day and it would still be garbage with 2-3' moguls.

I ran into a young guy yesterday with Cat gear on. I am friends with his dad and they both ride Cat's. The kid asked what I ride and I said a 4 stroke Yamaha Apex and he went.....ohhh!! :(:bore::eek::rolleyes:

Boy that explains this generation of riders. I saw bucket loads of that around Twin Lakes, Michigan last week. What gets me is so many of them are on that 15 mile stretch of trail on mountain type machines with 2-3" paddle tracks, stand up riding, backpacks on, noisy braap cans, constantly goosing the throttle to hear themselves, churning the crap out of a freshly groomed trail just to get to their off trail destination. They could groom that section all day and it would still be garbage with 2-3' moguls.

I ran into a young guy yesterday with Cat gear on. I am friends with his dad and they both ride Cat's. The kid asked what I ride and I said a 4 stroke Yamaha Apex and he went.....ohhh!! :(:bore::eek::rolleyes:
Even my son told me today, a guy at work showed him his go pro vid......stand uppin, brapp...brappp...brappp...chewing the tops off...then gets to a field and says they were doing 40...50 and could he keep up with his crew???? Are you kidding me? We led...losing guys over time, cuz we dont let grass grow...can't get 200 mile Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm by farting around brapping. My apex eats these things for snacks....I know it ain't right, but I can cruise 80+ on a decent trail all day long, and slide corners..stutters, etc....because I'm NOT STANDING UP!!!lol
Can't defy the laws of physics. ..one thing heavy does well...is stay on the ground!I used to get laughing so hard inside my helmet, wondering how these things can take the pounding!

Back