• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1987 yamaha moto 4 spark issues

sledfreak440

Hi I have an issue with my moto 4 involving the spark. I thought it was the coil so i replaced it and put a yamaha factory one and it started right up and ran for 2 -3 seconds then suddenly stopped. I bought a ebay one for 15 bucks to see if it was my coil again, installed it and then started it up and did the exact same thing. I did change my spark plug every time, i tried by passing the kill switch wires and it still just keeps on cranking over but doesn't wanna start. My battery also doesn't keep the charge, as soon as i take off the battery charger it doesn't have any juice anymore. Could my battery be grounded out and keeps screwing up my coil? I was told one of the grounds might be bad, so I looked and they seemed to be all good. Any one have this issue before? Thanks again for your time.

that atv should run without a battery in it but a new one would not hurt. try a set of booster cables from the coil to the engine to confirm the ground problem.

Back