• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st ride with tuner ski's

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
1st ride of the season put 110 miles on in the Katadin Maine region on Sun DEC 23. Dropped and road from Millinocket lake.

Sled is 2010 Apex LTX GT with Current Tuner ski set up is 4 in carbide inside and 2 in carbide outside:

State road about 1 foot of snow, conditions were groomed flat and set up( This is a paved road, wide with sweeping turns): Performance was great, no darting and ski tracked perfect, 0 push, sled handling was REALLY IMPROVED.
Baxter park trail Icy conditions, 6 in or so of snow, not groomed, narrow trail with many turns: sled steered much easier at slow speeds and handling was predickedable. still improved
ITS 86 to abol bridge and toward Kakajo. groomed with 1 foot of snow with about 4-6 in of fresh snow sinced groomed. trail is narrow with tight twistes with tight wooded areas: same as above with overall performance improved.
Grant brook trail out to Joe mary mountain. Plowed hard packed road with major Ice ruts for about 6 miles, Skies worked well and went over and through the ruts with little to no darting! MUCH IMPROVED OVER STOCK
After plowed section trail was not groomed with about 2-3 ft of snow. Snow was crusted so the sled would only break through about 3 in at normal speed. Trail was virgin logging roads with some tight wooded areas. sled handled well and was a blast! Hard to judge ski floatation due to crusted, snow but I would say still improved.
The ski was improved over stock ski with woodys 6 in dooley in all conditions.
I felt very comfortable at all speeds through tight wooded trail and also on the State road at speeds well over 118mph on the dream meter!
The ski improved the handling of my apex greatly and really shined on the groomed trail. My arms and shoulders are usually tired or sore after the first ride but not much this year.
Greatest improvement I have done the the apex!
;)!

Tuner skis

Bump. what do the rest of you think so far this season?

I am running 6 inch squares and I think they are major improvment from stockers and duallys, they do push a little in the fluffy snow but do bite eventually.. I havent had the chance to try them on fresh groomed hard pack.No darting. I personally love em.. :jump:

My 2013 FX Nitro XTX came with the Tuner Ski. I updated the carbides to a 4-2 configuration which is MUCH improved over the stock 0-2.

I put them on my 06 Apex RTX and really like them. I'm running 4 inside 2 outside and they handle and turn way better than stock in my opinion. You still have the usual push if you get off the trail and into some powder but I think they are great so far. My dad put them on his 06 Attak and said he loves them.

Bump for those still asking about tuner skis. :sled1:

great feedback was thinking off getting a set ...

Go for it and never look back..... just sayin. ;)!

PS....I live in Maine and ride in Maine, mostly the Katadin Region. Best kept secret in the world.
Well the word is out loo,yes i have a house in Patten,plenty of sleds around now,compared to just 6 years ago,stop spreading the word lol..

surpized to see a comment here after two years, Patten north is great! Enjoy your house mnmsnowbeast! Ty ride next year!

Back