• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2003 RX1 belt squeals at idle. Weird.

olivia317

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 FX Nytro XTX SC
Need some help. My 03 RX1 belt will squeal when idling only if I am sitting on it. Stand up, no squeal. Sit down, belt squeals. Repeating sit/stand sequence several times is like turning the squeal on and off. Give it a little throttle, squeal goes away. Currently running an Optimax belt. Have cleaned the sheaves with a scuff pad and rinsed with brake cleaner and still squeals. Seems to be more prevalent after long rides. Did 200 miles this last weekend on the North Shore and by the end of the day it did it at every stop. I'm assuming the belt is too tight but why does sitting and standing change it. What is loose? What moved?

also check the tunnel rivits under the fuel tank. they are known to come loose.

It might be a belt height problem,on the secondary the belt should almost be flush with clutch or a hair above....the shim screws are on back of clutch, take the little copper washers off, that will spread it out a bit

Back