• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS rage seat

geez150

Expert
What seats can bet put on the 2005 RS rage to make it higher without modification to anything? Looking for a taller seat I can just bolt on or off. My wife likes the stock low seat but if I ever ride her 2005 RS rage I'd like to sit taller. I had a WRP on my 2012 apex xtx and really liked that, it went on with no mods, just wondering if any other options out there aside from the WRP seats, thank you.

Yeah didn't want to hack up the plastic, want to be able to swap seats back and forth as needed. Guess WRP is only option, was hoping for a cheaper used seat but not looking like the case. I'd imagine that the RS rage is is the same as the apex seat?

You can run an Apex seat without cutting the tank cover. Just be sure you get the two seat fingers under the tank. I have been running one on my warrior for six years now.

Nice, thanks for the info. So it just bolted on no issues? Did you have to cut and splice wires? Like Steiner mentioned?

I'm confused about the wiring issue. Doesn't the tail light stay on the sled regardless of what seat is on the sled? Does the seat have wiring have a connection on each end that joins the wiring from front to back?

That is correct. The light stays with the seat. The wire is buried under the seat cover. The plug would be behind the tank cover.

So if I went with a WRP and got a seat pan to make that a complete seat I'd also have to get a wire that connects the front to the back. Seems pretty dumb. Don't know why they wouldn't make the wire just ride on top of the tunnel, I'm sure due to the exhaust but seems like it could be in a conduit that would hold up to the heat. Thank you all for the insight.

You stated that your wife liked the seating position of the rage. Did she ever ride one of these sleds with a taller seat. You may never take the taller seat off. Plus you will have storage in the back of the seat. Which is a plus.

Yes, I have had many different rider forward sleds of various brands and she hasn't liked any of them. Me wanting this seat is basically just in case my sled is laid up then I could ride the rage and make it an easier transition from my zr 9000.

What seats can bet put on the 2005 RS rage to make it higher without modification to anything? Looking for a taller seat I can just bolt on or off. My wife likes the stock low seat but if I ever ride her 2005 RS rage I'd like to sit taller. I had a WRP on my 2012 apex xtx and really liked that, it went on with no mods, just wondering if any other options out there aside from the WRP seats, thank you.

I would contact Travis at www.barnofparts.com He can tell you what your options will be as he can offer you a used seat or a new WRP seat.

Back