• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Rs Vector Mountain Mods

BRPtowtruck

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 RS Vector Mountain
2000 Vmax 700 Mod
Hey so I bought a 2005 Mountain Vector in awesome shape. Did my timing chain tsb. Added a 7.5in pivot riser and a Apex seat. I see alot of info for RX1s but not much for Rs. I will be disconnecting my sway bars links this year. Any clutching changes or exhaust or other mods that are recommended?

Low altitude. Generally below 3k feet. 95% off trail riding

First thing, sync your carbs. You'd be surprised the difference it might make.

It sounds like you're on the right track with the riser and Apex seat. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of aftermarket mods offered for the Vectors anymore. You might consider clutching and/or extrovert drivers.

I converted my 2008 Vector to a 151" track. I have a Team Fast air skid in it, but everything else came from Hartman Inc. :

Team roller clutch, tunnel extension, extrovert drivers and clutch kit.

Hartman is an advertiser on this site.

Hope this helps! ;)!

If you can find an excell header or a complete exhaust there is about a 8 hp gain and will drop a lot of weight.

A 2009 and newer cat skids work great and drop major weight.If you are riding low altitude put in some 14.5 clutch rollers and a 47/43 helix or a 49/41 and a silver sec spring.
Try to find some green Holtz man carb springs too.

Hey Pro116 you figure a 47/43 helix is the answer? A higher engagement would certainly be nice so ill pop appart the primary and see what I can do there I guess.

I might look into an exhaust but I will be deiving in and out of town lots so it would be nice to keep it at a non ear bleeding level haha. A full hauck setup in sure would make a world of difference.

Hey Pro116 you figure a 47/43 helix is the answer? A higher engagement would certainly be nice so ill pop appart the primary and see what I can do there I guess.

I might look into an exhaust but I will be deiving in and out of town lots so it would be nice to keep it at a non ear bleeding level haha. A full hauck setup in sure would make a world of difference.

You can go with a higher preload spring for.more engagment.Aftermarket weights really wake up the vectors.Yes I have tested many set ups a 47/43 works good.If you want to pm me I can really wake your sled up.

Back