• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS Venture help

1100saber

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE
WEBSITE
AlliedPerformanceShoppe@outlook.com
FACEBOOK
AlliedPerformanceShoppe
My 85 year old neighbor has a 2005 RS Venture. It will idle fine, but bogs when trying to drive. He asked me to take a look at it. It's flashing the fuel guage, warning light, and fuel icon. I do have service manual for sled and see that this "code" is for a faulty Sender Unit Assy. The part # 8FG-85752-01-00. It shows the test procedure and I will do that tonight to make sure it is indeed faulty. I have double checked all connections.

Here's the problem
If it needs one part is on back order from Yamaha...2-3 weeks..basically his ice fishing season will be over by then.

BUT after looking at the part...it seems to me it is simply a fuel meter assembly. How would this contribute to the bogging/running rough?? I don't want him miss the end of the year when it turns out this wasn't the cause of the running issues. He can live with no fuel gauge for a while.

When you mentioned a bog I was thinking a clogged pilot jet. But would a bad sending unit assy trip the TORS and prevent the sled from "going"? I don't know. Hopefully others will help you.

If you do in fact need a part, contact Travis at www.barnofparts.com Better to call him at the number on his website. I'd bet he'll have a good used part at a fraction of the price of new. He may be able to help diagnose the problem as well.

When you mentioned a bog I was thinking a clogged pilot jet. But would a bad sending unit assy trip the TORS and prevent the sled from "going"? I don't know. Hopefully others will help you.

If you do in fact need a part, contact Travis at www.barnofparts.com Better to call him at the number on his website. I'd bet he'll have a good used part at a fraction of the price of new. He may be able to help diagnose the problem as well.

That's what I was wondering...can't see the bad sending unit causing the motor to run poorly...but it could send it into some sort of limp mode which would explain the symptoms

Activating the TORS would make it limp, but still idle OK. I'd call Travis if you want a quick(er) resolution to this problem.

that should not act like that. i suspect corrosion in the tors handlebar switch. try bypassing it and see if it makes a difference.

Don't seem to be TORS.....
Make sure choke pins on all 3 carbs resets when you remove choke... (actually enrichner)
If good..... then get her a good treat of ringfree or seafoam... don't bother dismounting to clean.

the bogging when trying to drive makes me suspect the tors switch in the handle bars. have a phazer in the fleet that it would only rev up in one specific position. took it apart and the contacts where filthy and stuck in the fully collapsed position cocked. it was doing the same sort of rpm sputtering before i found this.

Back