• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sledhead700

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Apex RTX
Owning the first model year of Apex 2006. I am always the first to discover the weak link in the Apex among our Apex riders (example Exhaust donuts every 5000 miles,Tried copper at 10000 miles,we will see)

New Issue at 12500 miles. I could hear what I thought was a primary clutch noise
I took both clutches to the dealer for an Inspection/ Rebuild , Only needed secondary Cam buttons!

Before I reinstalled the clutches, I fired sled up and sound was still there??
Using mechanic stethoscope I discovered the front engine bearing on primary clutch shaft sounds very GRAVELLY , but no excessive play,and seal is perfect looking.
I talked to dealership and discovered Yamaha only sells whole Counterbalance assembly (SHAFT ASSY ) (Gear Reduction) for $400,Ouch!
(Shaft-Assy-8FP-11406-00-00 and seal is separate)

From Diagram,there is a sprocket ,that I believe, drives the oil pump chain that needs be removed before pulling the assembly.
My Question. Is it possible to change assembly in the sled and how to do it?

Last edited:

Back