• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Vector stator problems ?

Is it possible that we are trying to get too much out of our old battery making the stator work overtime causing it to heat up and burn out? Any thoughts on this?

mine was a new battery as well

newventure said:
mine quit at 11500 miles on my 06 venture, bought a stator from rmstators, alot less then the OEM stator, just waiting for it to arrive now then goin to attemped to change it. anyone change theres? it really doesnt look that bad on the rs frame, any tricks i should be aware of????

It wouldn't be that bad if Yamaha would have allowed clearance to get to the bottom stator cover bolts. The motor has to be loosend and rocked front or back to access the lower bolts.

2006 Rage experienced the same thing tonight! Shutting down on high speed run. 9500 miles everything shutoff but started again??
did you have this issue again, mine did the ezact same shut down during a high speed run, then started again, I limped home on what felt like 2 cylinders

did you have this issue again, mine did the ezact same shut down during a high speed run, then started again, I limped home on what felt like 2 cylinders
Mine cleared up after new stator I also changed out the in-tank fuel filters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am still trying to figure out my issue but have no more snow to test run, wouldn't the battery die if the stator went as the stator would not charge the battery and the ignition would drain the battery?

From the pics I've seen there always 3-4 krispy coils in one area of the stator when she goes. For this reason I don't think it's being overloaded electrically. I just think there is a hot area it's exposed too. My '05 still has it's original stator (5K miles) but i'm expecting it to fail sometime in the next few seasons. From other posts I've read stick with the OEM replacement as the aftermarket will not go the distance.

From the pics I've seen there always 3-4 krispy coils in one area of the stator when she goes. For this reason I don't think it's being overloaded electrically. I just think there is a hot area it's exposed too. My '05 still has it's original stator (5K miles) but i'm expecting it to fail sometime in the next few seasons. From other posts I've read stick with the OEM replacement as the aftermarket will not go the distance.

the hot area makes sense as it was 40F out the day my issues started and we were running hard up hill would cause some heat I would think...

so stay away from RM-Stator products and use Yamaha parts? Has Yamaha updated the part due to the many failures?

06 Vector, replaced stator at about 9000 miles.
I have an 06 Vector with 13,000km and the battery won't charge. Running at idle checking with a meter you get 10-11 volts but battery was nearly dead. After a full charge the sled will start at leaST 10 times before it's dead again. Haven't checked fuses yet? Did you replace the stator yourself? how much of an issue is it to change? any tips where to begin checking why battery won't charge? Thanks

Wishing i would have found this sooner. I purchased a 05 vector and after 70 miles the sled died. We narrowed it down to the stator and i decided to have the stator and rectifier changed out. Oem was not used, after a few weeks it appears the rectifier has gone bad. I plan to replace with oem but I'm wondering how long this one will last. It would be nice to know more about how this works since the first rectifier, after market was less then 50.00 and oem is almost 200.00. Big difference if the if it blows again in a few weeks? Any input welcomed

I have an 06 Vector with 13,000km and the battery won't charge. Running at idle checking with a meter you get 10-11 volts but battery was nearly dead. After a full charge the sled will start at leaST 10 times before it's dead again. Haven't checked fuses yet? Did you replace the stator yourself? how much of an issue is it to change? any tips where to begin checking why battery won't charge? Thanks
Did you test the stator? From my understanding it could also be the rectifier

I had over 111,000 miles on my last 2011 Vector. Same battery & no problem with my stator. I guess I was lucky.
Wow that is some serious milage!! An average of 13.8k per year? Winter not here ling enough for me to put that many miles. :sled1:

I like to put a voltmeter on the battery leads from time to time, especially before a big ride, to make sure it's reading around 14.25 volts at idle. Went out on my 05 RS Venture at 15000mi. I trimmed the bulkhead a little for cover clearance. Only a 30 min job now.

Back