• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Apex GT, Jackshaft bearing collar pulled through the bearing?

2006Apex

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex
Sorry posting this here because I don’t see where to start a new thread. I have a 2006 apex and the secondary clutch bearing went last year. I replaced all the parts in the spring and I thought I did everything right. After about 400km this year I heard a knocking from the clutch and found that it was “floating” bearing and shafted weren’t touching. Looks like the new collar broke where it rides under the bearing. The threaded side of the collar and the nut were still on the shaft but the other half of the collar was just gone. There is now a pretty good groove in my secondary shaft that I can’t remember if it was there before. But the groove doesn’t look all new and shinny where it would have been rubbing so that’s the only reason i think the shaft may still be okay. The little bit of shinny metal is from me trying to get the collar off the shaft to get it out. I’ve seen the other threads about how the shaft all goes back together and I don’t see a groove in any of theirs. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

(The new from last spring bearing is in good shape, no grooves or marks and turns well)

Attachments

• 31522AC9-938E-4037-9D68-9D5A8C22312B.jpeg
    31522AC9-938E-4037-9D68-9D5A8C22312B.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 82535B96-953D-48A5-BE32-536BC11E0B55.jpeg
    82535B96-953D-48A5-BE32-536BC11E0B55.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 23

that groove is not supposed to be there. looks like bearing seized and ate the shaft. found pic's of good used on evil bay and they do not have groove.

Sorry posting this here because I don’t see where to start a new thread. I have a 2006 apex and the secondary clutch bearing went last year. I replaced all the parts in the spring and I thought I did everything right. After about 400km this year I heard a knocking from the clutch and found that it was “floating” bearing and shafted weren’t touching. Looks like the new collar broke where it rides under the bearing. The threaded side of the collar and the nut were still on the shaft but the other half of the collar was just gone. There is now a pretty good groove in my secondary shaft that I can’t remember if it was there before. But the groove doesn’t look all new and shinny where it would have been rubbing so that’s the only reason i think the shaft may still be okay. The little bit of shinny metal is from me trying to get the collar off the shaft to get it out. I’ve seen the other threads about how the shaft all goes back together and I don’t see a groove in any of theirs. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

(The new from last spring bearing is in good shape, no grooves or marks and turns well)
Stop posting on other threads. I moved it to your own. Read the FAQ if you cant figure out how to post.

Don't use that shaft.

Back