• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Kodiak Not Running Good

Hey Guy's,

2007 Kodiak 350 IRS 8,200km

Was running down a road about 50km and the motor quit like it was out of gas.

As I was slowing down I switched to reserve. Was sputtering but when gave it any throttle it would stall. The tank is full.

Tried starting and it would start but as soon as you touch the throttle it dies. Seems like its starving for fuel.

Towed home and checked for fuel filter but none.

Removed screw at the bottom bowl and plenty of fuel coming out. Start and same thing but will run better with choke set to 1/2 on but will only rev to about 1,500rpm.

Removed the top of the carb, removed the slide and main jet. Blew out all orfices with carb cleaner but back together and no difference.

Any ideas before I remove the carb and flush everything out?

Thanks in advance.

;)!

the petcock on the fuel tank has the filters on the end. all you can do is clean them.

there is a filter screen in the carb that sometimes plugs with crud as well but in my opinion you have a partial blockage in the main jet in the carb. sounds like it is time to strip it down and clean it.

also check the vent tube for the fuel tank as it can cause a similar problem.

maim said:
the petcock on the fuel tank has the filters on the end. all you can do is clean them.

there is a filter screen in the carb that sometimes plugs with crud as well but in my opinion you have a partial blockage in the main jet in the carb. sounds like it is time to strip it down and clean it.

also check the vent tube for the fuel tank as it can cause a similar problem.

Thanks for the info.

Cap was off the tank so that eliminates the vent tube.

Took the petcock apart and flows plenty.

Will pull off the carb tomorrow.

good to hear.

07 not running well

mine was doin the same cleaned it out and was still doin the same. carb wasnt sitting in intake boot properly. all good in the hood now

Back