• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 nytro issues

Joshua moskal

Country
USA
Snowmobile
'09 nytro xtx, '03 rx1, '02 mxz700, '01 550 sport touring
I purchased an 09 nytro xtx at the end of last year and stored it properly. Just pulled it out yesterday to get ready for a trip in a couple weekends and won't start. When turning the ignition I hear the fuel pump engage but nothing else happens. I'm getting a click at the starter relay and periodically I will get clicking at the ecu in the wiring harness and that will click 17 times. While the ecu is clicking the headlight and taillight keep flickering. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have already ordered a new starter relay in hopes that the issue but if not I could use some assistance.

How is the battery? 7 year old sled with original battery? I would look into the battery first and then start looking at the different electrical components.
Clean grounds are also very important.

Nearly positive it's a brand new battery from last year. I'll swap out a battery and double check just to make sure though.

I purchased an 09 nytro xtx at the end of last year and stored it properly. Just pulled it out yesterday to get ready for a trip in a couple weekends and won't start. When turning the ignition I hear the fuel pump engage but nothing else happens. I'm getting a click at the starter relay and periodically I will get clicking at the ecu in the wiring harness and that will click 17 times. While the ecu is clicking the headlight and taillight keep flickering. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have already ordered a new starter relay in hopes that the issue but if not I could use some assistance.

I would start with the starter relay mine used to just click when I tried to start it especially in the cold. I changed that and haven't had that trouble again. Good luck

Back