• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Vector LTX GT - no start troubleshooting

GudeMN

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX SE (144in) -6500 miles
2015 Phazer XTX - 10,000 miles
2009 Vector LTX GT - 17,600 miles,
1999 Vmax 600 SX - 4500 miles,
1999 SRX 700 - 5100 miles,
2001 700SxR - 2200 miles
Background: 2009 Vector I purchased last season always started but seemed weak/struggled to turnover on initial attempts. After a few tries motor turned over much easier/quicker and the sled would start in any temps.

This fall, I was able to start it in October. Same starting symptoms as in the cold weather. Slow to turn over initially but after things got moving sounded smooth and strong. Once running, I let it run up to operating temp, then shut it off. A couple hours later, was heading home, stopped to grab something from the garage where my sleds are stored and on whim, tried to start the Vector just to listen to it again. Nothing but a click.

This past weekend, I replaced battery since I didn't know when previous owner had installed it (and because I saw it was a (N)Ever-Start brand).
Replaced solenoid at the same time. Same result as before. Just a strong click at the solenoid.

Before going after the starter are there any other items to check? Wiring rub-throughs, upgrade to red relays, etc.? I've done a lot of research since October but want to check everything else I can before going after the starter. Thanks.

BG

I replaced a battery this year and found after a month it was dead. YUASA apparently are not like there once were. Any chance the battery is failing?

Will it start with a jump start pack?

Hate to say it but it's probably the starter. Try jumping the relay with some pliers or something. If the starter turns over its the relay, if not sorry.

Battery was brand new from the store. Duracell AGM. Have them in my Nytros and Phazer. Have been great. I topped it off before installing.

Just clicks with the jump pack as well.

It's the starter.....I'm just in denial......ha ha!!

Back