• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Venture RS Tunnel Protectors

sierra_brad

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Venture RS
Hey, a newb here. Looking for some advice on studding my 09 Venture RS. 1.25" ripsaw paddle. Looking for 3/8" penetration, getting snow studs size 84.
Do I need tunnel protectors?? If so..Looking to build/weld my own.
Does anyone have pics of theirs? Dimensions etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

Nobody has answered yet so I'll chime in. With studs I'd put them in regardless, especially if there are TP's for the front cooler on your sled. I guess I don't know what you'd want to make your own? The TP's usually have some funny bends in them that need to be spot on. I known you're north of the border and pay more for stuff (?) but I'd buy them from a dealer, or off eBay or something. It's nothing to mess around in and one of them failing could take out the track and really ruin your day.

Go to the Woodys Traction site http://www.woodystraction.com/home and use their stud selector tool. I've always like their Signature Series SS stud. Make sure to us the same brand backer as the stud. If you don't stud pullouts can occur....ask me how I learned this.

Back