• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX 144" Build/MOD

Here is a picture of the exhaust setup out getting welded up. It is a 1.75 inlet/outlet flopro bafflepack. Im hoping the baffle chambers will keep this a bit quieter than the straight through glass packs. Ther will be a turndown welded on the end at a 45ish degree angle pointed to the bottom edge of the tunnel.

1446483265476.jpg

Attachments

• baffledia.jpg
    baffledia.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 206
Did you replace the crank seals in your little 340 Polaris? 90% of my old 2-stroke failures were due to bad crank seals, especially PTO.

I have several old Polaris, my favorite being a '78 Cobra 440. I have never had the motor apart, except I replace crank seals every 5 years or so as PM. Base, head and exhaust are all original. ;)!

I would like to see the end product if you go pics of that. I don't know about you but I love working on sleds and doing this type of stuff. Now rebuilding motors is another story but thats why I bought a Yamaha

Did you replace the crank seals in your little 340 Polaris? 90% of my old 2-stroke failures were due to bad crank seals, especially PTO.

I have several old Polaris, my favorite being a '78 Cobra 440. I have never had the motor apart, except I replace crank seals every 5 years or so as PM. Base, head and exhaust are all original. ;)!

I didn't but when I get it back together I'll do the spray trick around the seals and see if the idle rises. I don't have the tools to pull the clutch or the experience so I would let someone else do it haha

I would like to see the end product if you go pics of that. I don't know about you but I love working on sleds and doing this type of stuff. Now rebuilding motors is another story but thats why I bought a Yamaha

What of the Nytro? These are the current pics. Sled isn't back together yet

O my bad I read the date wrong. Looks like its coming along good then.

O my bad I read the date wrong. Looks like its coming along good then.
No problem lol. Yeah on hold waiting for my exhaust to come back from welding. My guy is on vacation

sent using my personal communication device

Got two of the arms bolted back on with blue loctite. The Oilite bushings have been a giant pain in the #*$&@ I ended up having to sand them so that the sleeves would even fit.
20151124_211853.jpg

Getting creative with my wiring for the brake light.
20151124_211810.jpg

Got some pex tubing to run my wires through.

20151124_211837.jpg

Another picture of the arms. Think they will look good once it's all back together.
20151124_211845.jpg

What was the problem you were having with the oilite bushing? trying to get them in the a-arms?

No the aluminum cross shafts were not even close to going in. Sanded down the inside until they when in nicely without binding.also had to lighly sand bushing flange because it was pretty tight in the mounts

O ok I just put oilites in my sled that's why I asked. I didn't have any problems putting things together. They were tight but not to the point where they wouldn't go in.

My control arms were so tight they were seized

Thats not good. Don't want that. Glad you got it fixed.

Back