• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex gearing...

24 -37 for the Std and SE

Plenty . 125 ish mph. Stocker won't pull it all.

Riceburner said:
25 -37 for the Std and SE

Plenty . 130 ish mph. Stocker won't pull it all.

Not quite, its 24/37 stock

suburban said:
Riceburner said:

My mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. I've got 25 top on my Turbo XTX and going to 26 tooth top.

Riceburner said:
suburban said:
Riceburner said:

My mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. I've got 25 top on my Turbo XTX and going to 26 tooth top.

No worries, you certainly have the power to pull it !

22/38 will give you 112-114 depending on belt..
This is the best for trail riding
you'll never pull 24/38, 24/37 or 23/37 on the trail...(=wasted effort)
I was geared at 23/39 and went by a stock geared apex in snow(he at 91mph, me at 104mph! - That's not a creep by - it's a fly by!)
For reference - I ran an F1100 turbo for 2000' twice and beat him!
All stock Apex's are geared wrong big time! There not even close!
Buy the chain and buy 22/38, unless your really worried that one person on the one perfect day might beat the one time in the year...anything else is wasted money! Or at the end of the year use 23/38 for 118mph top speed! This is probably as much as most best sleds, best tuned will run....Yes there are a few exceptions if you are the praying mantice type that anxiously waits for the perfect day, perfect conditions, tail wind etc..

i have a 2013 apex xtx and it has 23/37 gears and i want to get more top speed if i changed the top gear to 24 would i get more top speed or what gear ratio would i use?

gears

Sorry have been in the up in the up riding, these sleds cant pull the stock gearing even in perfect conditions. Geared 24 39 the at 11,000 the belt is still 1/2 inch from the top of the front clutch. My buddy runs 24/40 he is seeing on the speedo 120 mph that also is a 2011 apex. They are a lot faster up to a 100 with the lower gearing also. The only time a 24/37 geared sled can even run close with us is maybe glare ice conds, and that's few and far between.

Back