• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX gas mileage

my gas light comes on quite early on my xtx but it still gets about 10 mpg when on it hard I have no idea how it could do if i was easy on it just never have been easy on it. but if you are breaking trail it can get as bad as 8 mpg as well. so how many gallons of gas are you putting back in when you run 60 or 80 miles? what is your MPG I wonder if the relay by left foot is freezing up with the way you discribe the fuel not priming. and the bubbles have to be comming from some where most likely the return line make sure you have no leaks in the injector rail. also did you reconnect the vent hose on the tank up front near the top? we had one that was getting terrible fuel millage and it was becaus that vent hose was off and leaking out there. do you smell gas when running it? as far as the track my ridding buddy has a 2011 xtx with a 1.5 intense track no mods elsewhere and it is equal if not a little better than me with 1"prestuded. this is all prior to SC install I dont know how bad the MPG's will get with the SC as I just finnished the install and have not yet took her out.

Ok checked the exup and it was off by the slightest hair. If it was a clock with midnight being being perfect it was at 11:58. Just a hair off to the left. Adjusted it to where it lines up perfect but I can't imagine that was the cause?

I looked at the tunnel protectors and there's a couple tiny black marks on them. I looked at the track and there is a little wear on the lugs where the tunnel protectors are. Has anyone ever removed them from the top of the tunnel? I'm wondering if I can't grind the top of the bolts holding them off and drop them out the back? Trying to avoid dropping the skid again.

The tunnel protectors are easy to take out. Remove the seat and drill out the rivets holding them in place. They will slide out the back. You may have to drop the rear of the skid.
Have taken a few out to modify them when studding a track.

i just fixed my brackets on my XTX , it would be easier if you slack the track and take out the back 2 suspension bolts and drop it. the XTX protectors on these sleds are held in place by 3 12-mm nuts on each u-shaped bracket holding the proctectors in place on each side. you can easily access from underneath once the suspension is dropped. you don't have to drill anything out to remove it ,unless you are replacing the mounting brackets that are on the square tubing/protector, those are riveted on but you need to take it out of the sled to get to them. i believe all the newer APex's are like this.

Last edited:
my gas light comes on quite early on my xtx but it still gets about 10 mpg when on it hard I have no idea how it could do if i was easy on it just never have been easy on it. but if you are breaking trail it can get as bad as 8 mpg as well. so how many gallons of gas are you putting back in when you run 60 or 80 miles? what is your MPG I wonder if the relay by left foot is freezing up with the way you discribe the fuel not priming. and the bubbles have to be comming from some where most likely the return line make sure you have no leaks in the injector rail. also did you reconnect the vent hose on the tank up front near the top? we had one that was getting terrible fuel millage and it was becaus that vent hose was off and leaking out there. do you smell gas when running it? as far as the track my ridding buddy has a 2011 xtx with a 1.5 intense track no mods elsewhere and it is equal if not a little better than me with 1"prestuded. this is all prior to SC install I dont know how bad the MPG's will get with the SC as I just finnished the install and have not yet took her out.

The gas gauge is reading correctly. I had to siphon gas out of the vector to get it back to the truck on Saturday. Of the 60 miles only about 10 of it was off a hard beaten trail so it's not that I was playing in 5 feet of powder all day.

I wouldn't think that it was the relay for the pump issue. I've replaced it with the red one and the pump was coming on it just wasn't sucking gas. Vent line on the top was connected. No gas smell that I can tell. I've started it in the garage several times and let it run for 5 minutes to see if any gas was leaking never found any.

when I had mine in diag mode (and I also tested a few on the floor), O was closed and 160-170 was the sweet spot. This is not entirely accurate but I found this would at least give you an idea of what was going on down there besides tearing it apart mid season.

0-204 is where mine goes. It reads 55 when I switch to it in diagnostic if that means anything.

seems like you have a hole in the fuel system very strange for sure.

seems like you have a hole in the fuel system very strange for sure.

I would think if there was a hole in the fuel system it would run like crap on occasion or have a leak when running in the garage. I checked the fuel pump and tank last night. Everything looked good there.

Checked out the gas system no leaks anywhere that I could find, or smell.

I removed the rear tunnel protectors ( see photo) and they were definitely rubbing.

Other photo is of the front cooler protectors. They are touching but just the tip. Should I let them wear down 1/32" of an inch to clear, clip the top of those lugs, or pull everything to knock those protectors off?

Also do you think the track rubbing the tunnel protectors could have eaten into mpg that much?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 108
i
Ok so I ran this sled from Tok to Dawson last year and went over 120 miles without running out of gas. My fuel light was on but it didn't hit that true E...

Went for a ride about a month ago, rode about 80 miles with 40 of those busting trail in three feet of powder and overflow but had between 3/8 and 1/4 when I got back to the truck.

Decided after that ride that I really should get rid of the ripsaw track because I'm on a low snow intake diet (sick of the nickname the mole lol).

So I installed a soft start spring and put a 1.5" cross over track on the sled. No other changes made to clutching or gearing. Took the sled out last weekend and rode 80 miles. The fuel light came on at 75 miles on flat ground. About 70 of those miles were on groomed trail with few hills.

Has anyone else swapped tracks and had an issue like this? I swapped my vector this year from the 136" ripsaw to a 144" backcountry and saw almost no change in gas mileage. I feel like something is either screwed up or broke. How much track sag are people with 1.5" and 1.75" running?
i put a hartman extension on mine, with 1.5 intense track and hartman instructions said remove all protectors to clear and 2 inch needs smaller drivers

I knew that a 1.75 the protectors had to be pulled but all the posts on here said 1.5 didn't need too. I thought about knocking them out anyway but figured I'd leave it stock in case future owner wanted to run studs.

Has anyone ever knocked those things off without pulling the track? It looks like if I got a long chisel I could break the top welds and grind the bottom ones. Could be crazy wishful thinking though as well.

would suck to have a coolent leak!!!!!! mabe a sawall blade long enough to reach top? good luck

i 2 have seen posts about leaving protectors in with 1.5 track and wondered , but i dont know for sure cause i cut mine out anyway, dont like studs and next owner wont either or find another sled!!!

Just trim the track with a utility knife where it contacts the protectors. I did that to my sons sled. Took me a whole 20 minutes for a shorty so maybe half hour on the longer track. That way you won't need to remove the front protector

I should just drop the whole suspension again but don't have the energy to do it. I'd be worried a sawzall would jump around too much and either knick the track or the cooler.

Back