• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX suspension conversion #2

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Here is another Apex XTX conversion that I did for ViperDave. We took a 2011 Venture GT 144 skid and installed it into the XTX. It was quite a job compared to the conversion on Nick1945s sled but all in all it turned out great. I had my 2009 Venture GT standing by as a template and it made everything much easier to have the mounting brackets. Dave thought since we named the other conversion the Apex XTY this is now call the Apex XTV for Venture skid.

Attachments

• ApexXTV (8).JPG
    ApexXTV (8).JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 941
  • ApexXTV (7).JPG
    ApexXTV (7).JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 965
  • ApexXTV (6).JPG
    ApexXTV (6).JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 917
  • ApexXTV (5).JPG
    ApexXTV (5).JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 892
  • ApexXTV (4).JPG
    ApexXTV (4).JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 844
  • ApexXTV (3).JPG
    ApexXTV (3).JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 846
  • ApexXTV (2).JPG
    ApexXTV (2).JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 841
  • ApexXTV (1).JPG
    ApexXTV (1).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 880

Thanks to Tom for taking this task on. Was nowhere near simple to accomplish. 1st time raw instal and it took 7 hrs. to do. Nick, no, I won't be revalving the shocks for now. It's a2012 skid with new spec valving. Relatively low miles, so no need at this point. We did instal Excel wheels and Hygear torsion spacers. We also had to repair the left sid
e tunnel protector. 1 bracket was broken and another the rivets had pulled out. Thanks to Tom's buddy Ed, we got them tig welded and they're better than new. Looking forward to the1st ride!!!
Dave :jump:

Viper_Dave said:
Thanks to Tom for taking this task on. Was nowhere near simple to accomplish. 1st time raw instal and it took 7 hrs. to do. Nick, no, I won't be revalving the shocks for now. It's a2012 skid with new spec valving. Relatively low miles, so no need at this point. We did instal Excel wheels and Hygear torsion spacers. We also had to repair the left sid
e tunnel protector. 1 bracket was broken and another the rivets had pulled out. Thanks to Tom's buddy Ed, we got them tig welded and they're better than new. Looking forward to the1st ride!!!
Dave :jump:

Your welcome Dave :Rockon: It was a fun day ;)!

Grimm, Several reasons for the switch. I've been riding a 144'd Attack for 4 seasons. Having straight vs tipped rails is a plus.Not enough trail traction with the tipped rails. The slides last a LOT longer in the Venture skid. The biggest reason is the ride. There seems to be a lot of stiction in the XTX skid. The Venture geometry seems to stroke progressively compared to the XTX. This is my trail sled so the ride will now match better for my needs. Anyone that has ridden a 2012 Venture knows what I mean. I'll certainly keep everyone up to date with how it works. ;)!

Nice build guys !!!

I missed the sled owner name when I first looked at this post, but you can't mistake that dome with the glasses in one of the pics. LOL

Ding said:
Nice build guys !!!

I missed the sled owner name when I first looked at this post, but you can't mistake that dome with the glasses in one of the pics. LOL

Ya, I was wondering if that was a light above his head or the spot where the sun was being reflected to............. :hide:

:jump:

Way to go Dave! I love seeing these new sled modded out. G.B.

Thank you Ding and GB. As for you, my Canuckian brother, :tg: :tg: You'll need something bigger than that lil oldcouch to hide behind when I see you again!!

looks good dave!

someting tells me crew will probably suffer a lot before you see him.

lol guys.Looks good.I would think the venture has a little stiffer springs also then the xtx skid.

You saying I'm fat Ryan??? Well I am Lol. I swapped Hygear spring spacer and billet Kwic clicks. Should give me plenty of preload if I need it. I was VERY impressed with the 2012 Venture I demoted. And following Tom and his daughter all day at 1 of the TY rides further showed what acapable skid can ride like. Tom has 2012 spec shocks in his skid. And being a GT I still have an adjustable rear shock.

I think Ryan was just concerned that you may try this again in the future.....Clickable image

:Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: I really love that picture. ;)!

Yup, that 's classic lol! Randy and I still chuckle when it comes up. All my friends know the low rider!!

Back