• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX vs Nytro XTX

yamahahaapex

TY 4 Stroke Master
Apex-
1.5" Track
PCV
Airbox mod
MBRP Pipe
2 speed HC kit
medium transfer
rider weight 225lbs

Nytro-
Header
Exhaust
PCV
Geared down
Clutch kit of some kind
Ripsaw track
medium transfer
rider weight 170lbs

On the lake in 1000' or more with at least 3-4" on base I could pull him out of the hole by 1.5 lengths and inch away the whole time. I was not able to get proper RPMS as top end was only 10,100 and I am thinking that the conditions played a part in that(loose snow, finger drift here or there)

Found a groomed road with 4" of groomed base and perfectly flat, -10c temp. Not even close out of the hole and pulled way harder all the way as I was then seeing 10,500-10,600 and was multiple lengths ahead by the end. The nytro was seeing around 9,100rpm if I remember right so not sure if that was correct.

We both knew that the machines should be fairly close as the weight should have played a factor. But I was impressed nonetheless when it came to trying on a groomed trail rather than loose lake powder.

Back