• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 new to me Apex Start up.

There's no way that exhaust is stock. Is that 5666 Km's or 566.6Km's? If it's the first, then 3520 miles is getting close to an exhaust donut change. My old GT started to sound like a Harley at 4000, 8000 and 12000 miles. Each time, it was exhaust donuts. (you know this as you are a member of the 12,000 mile Apex club already)

I think we had this discussion in another thread. Before the glove over the exhaust will kill the engine, you may notice a low note to the exhaust, and then the backfires will come. At that time, you may have a greater chance of losing a y-pipe.

If it's a third party exhaust, and we are just being paranoid, then take it from me, it sounds BITCHIN'!!!

5666km's, I did the exhaust plug check and she stalls right out no back fire or anything. My dealer who I purchased it from assured me it will be good till 10000kms but I will be keeping a close eye on it and getting some copper donuts for next season for sure. Exup is 2 grand I heard so I wouldn't want that to explode. Thanks! My video is kinda weird does sound like a boat on it. The note sounds a lot smoother in person.

It may just be the audio capture then, as the exhaust does seem odd and sounds hollow. The only exhaust issue I've had so far is an EXUP cable snapping after 10000km.

does not sound stock to me.

Back