• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 nytro XTX options and opinions needed

rayone02

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex 2012 nytro xtx 2006 attak
I have 2012 nytro XTX debating of buying the Star suspension kit or buy an artic cat skid to swap out. What's the better choice to do? Yes I have read several topics about the star kit there are issue's with it I see but what doesn't.

IMG_2325.JPG
If I had to do it again I would go with the Cat skid rather than the Star Suspension kit. Yes the Star kit helps out the Yamaha skid but the Cat skid could probably handle the big stuff much better. I am constantly wrecking stuff in my XTX skid.

Last edited:
what cat skid is the one to use on the xtx---I have 2010 nitro xtx....Tod

I am still looking what skid would be best may even look at other brands of skids.

I have over 7,000 miles on my XTX with a Star suspension. I love it. Only item I had go bad were the front limiter straps. Which then allowed the rear shock to over extend. No real issue to replace straps and radius rods. With the Polaris wheels and DuPont slides I currently have over 4,000 miles on the hyrax

What about the ride of the suspension? Stiff too soft? I know all this depends on shock valving.

I always set mine softest possible without bottoming out on large bumps and jumps. I currently have 12,000 miles on mine. Every 5,000 or so miles I have my shocks rebuilt.

Thanks for info just figuring out whats best route to go seems the star kit is. How much does star charge to do suspension shocks?

I can't quite rember the cost. But Star really needs to become a supporting member

Back