• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013-14 Ty Mileage Fun Contest - Murse

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
50 Km's today rode local trails still closed. More snow and cold temps it is -22 right now and 40 cm of snow coming Sunday:) More pictures to come and more riding. Going get some sweet videos of a 14 Doo 800 Renegade with some helmet cam races this year. New computer for Xmas! lots of nice edited videos to come.

Total 50Km + 10 or so in the back yard earlier this year.

First real trail ride did local trails had a 200 km day. Pretty good conditions pretty rough trails but good time to test the reworked shock of mine :) Works great!

[img=http://s23.postimg.org/c6zh0rf7r/IMG_20131223_00173.jpg]

The renegade handles the trail and bumps much better but would not catch me in a straight so I am happy about that. Will do a racing GoPro vid on the weekend.

Murse said:
Are pictures via facebook like that ok to view?

Look OK to me Murse.

What about's are those pics taken? Trails/snow look fairly decent. ;)!

Mostly district 1 farthest we went was Point fortune and other direction was Osgoode we made it to Morrisburg then back home. More snow towards Ottawa and Quebec border a lot of ice here. Well now there is a lot of ice due to the rain but suppose to get wicked cold and snow which is good to pack the trails with the 10-15 cm of snow will make perfect riding next week.

Plus everything in between those places like Hawksbury, Calsbad Springs, Moosecreek, Monkland etc etc.

I got some good Gopro videos those days good shots of sleds. 7 of us the first day and 5 the next. No one wanted to race after a long field since I had rear facing Gopro camera I went ahead to get the cool shot and hammered the throttle. Stopped at the end of the huge field and said hey if you guys want to line up the 2 800's and mine we can now be a good spot. They refused my buddy said he had just tried to catch me and he couldn't so he didn't want to race his sled at this point. Blamed it on bad gas, and now saying he is not out of break in period yet. I'll be ready for the next time lol I was worried about the white and red renny but really not a chance vs the Apex. Good times had by all some good early riding this year. We started 2 weeks earlier this year than last year.

Glad to hear you're getting out Murse, I haven't yet but that's mainly due to my son's hockey schedule.

My wife an I are a couple of DINKS right now so I am taking advantage of it. (Dual income no kids) Plus my father in law takes the whole winter off and racks up the mileage so I always have someone to ride with on my days off.

Murse said:
Are pictures via facebook like that ok to view?

Imo I don't mine the link but a couple uploaded pics would help the story aspect...

Murse said:
My wife an I are a couple of DINKS right now so I am taking advantage of it. (Dual income no kids) Plus my father in law takes the whole winter off and racks up the mileage so I always have someone to ride with on my days off.

Its alway fun to have someone to ride with... Especially someone who rides the same style as you!!!

Just Before leaving warming up outside garage. Trip planned local trails 3 of us going.

First stop trail called Le Royal this is a little stop on private property the guy has a heated cabin with washrooms open to the public where he has chips, drinks, hot dogs etc log fire place with wood. All you do is leave money in a jar whether he is there or not it is open. Nice place and nice trails in the woods.

Stop for lunch in Rockland

Boston Pizza Right on the Ottawa River can't go wrong. Must be nice in the summertime, I'll have to take the boat one day.

Trails were hard packed but no overheating issues was a great -10 Celsius day

We were flying down a huge field and came across a hawk flying across so we stopped guess what's for supper!

Turkey! Didn't realize a hawk could take down a huge turkey!

Started day 1 with 16875 on ODO ended with 17178 303 km's day 1 of 2. I broke the 17000km's on her.

Started with 17178 today day 2 there are 9 of us going today and I am the only Yamaha.....

Suppose to be really warm and rain the next day so we went out for a good ride. Good shot of my In laws 2014 Renegade 800

Only Yamaha, although a skidoo guy had a Yamaha racing suit on does that count?

Pretty nice 600 h.o this guy keeps his tunnel so clean the stainless is like a mirror.

One of our stops in Larose forest.

Stop for lunch southern BBQ place in Carlsbad springs. We were early for lunch but the cook was on the patio and yelled at us at the gas station from across the street he said place is empty hot food and cold beer! So hey we decided to go in. Was a great place to eat.

Couldn't even get all the sleds in one shot.

Inside the restaurant they had a contest Win a Yamaha Bolt! Yay another Yami!

Nice Bike

First stop after lunch was a good day again hard packed but got a few inches of snow so the slides were well lubed and no overheating issues. The groomers were out in full force despite the next days forecast of rain.

261km day ran the tank on fuel light for a while got 210 Kms to a tank of gas LOL

Ended with 17440km's to date which gives me a grand total of 1273km's YTD Good ride but 9 is too many got separated a few times wrong turns etc etc and got harasses by Police. The police was on snowmobile and he chased the last 3 guys of the group with his lights but no sirens. He stopped the last 2 guys after they finally realized he was a cop and he was furious saying we were all running from him. The guys explained that we just didn't know he was a cop. Why wasn't he at an intersection? Told us he was only checking passes and insurance and for drinking. Was nice after a few minutes but said we'll catch the rest of them I radioed ahead! never saw another police that day. We were just riding. Oh well. Good day. Now its raining outside......Quebec next week it is!

I forgot to mention added new RSI extended heated grips ( into the hooks ) with Yamaheater what a difference! I don't have to wear mitts! :) very happy with that. The ride quality of this apex is night and day difference now with the hygear work and the knowledge I now have about tuning my suspension. I can ride evenly with the Renegade, the rmotion is still a better suspension and the ride forward design is much better than mine but compared to last year I can stay right on his snow flap when riding aggressive. I am really getting the hang of this sled and have it tuned perfectly for me this year. Next project a higher windshield and steering bushings then she'll be perfect. Going to ride to 25000km's or more. I will need a new track hopefully not for another 2 seasons....Maybe Ill save as much as I can and get a Viper give the Apex to my dad.....oh to dream lol I was looking at Yamaha power tour dates there is one near my location think I will go and try a Viper see what I think. In march though quite a ways away. But maybe My financials will be in better order by then? haha we'll see. My wife will kill me...not to mention my dad will kill me to.

Plus the addition of the aggressive snow trackers was an instant winner for me this sled is so precise now can't wait to do the steering bushings will make a big difference since now I have 1/4 inch play in handlebars.

Back