• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 RS Venture GT NO START!

thegrizzly1

Lifetime Member
Sled was sitting for the last 36 hours outside in cold weather (-26F). I started it earlier this afternoon without any issues, let it warm up for 10 minutes, went around the yard once and parked it in front of the garage door. 2 hours later I went to start it and pull it into the garage, but no start. It is cranking just fine, the tach cycles and I am hearing what I believe is the fuel pump relay. One thing I am noticing is the yellow caution light is blinking with the ignition on and when I am cranking it. How does one pull codes?
Thanks in advance.

This is the typical fuel pump relay freeze up problem, after running a short while and turning off. When you turn the key to the first stop, do you hear the pump run for a few seconds? If not than relay is frozen and you can warm it up or tap on it.
Change the relay for the new solid state relay, about $15.

Thanks everyone, it was the fuel pump relay. I was a little confused by all the blinking. I had a low fuel warning, oil change warning, and as I mentioned the caution and check engine light were both blinking. I did pull a code 43 which is battery voltage related. I think while I was trying to start it I wore the battery down some.
As I mentioned earlier, it is very cold outside. I heard something when I turned the key on, thought it was the fuel pump. I believe the EPS motor cycles when the key is turned on and I was hearing that and not the fuel pump. Just something to keep in mind on EPS equipped sleds.
Could someone post a part number for the solid state relay mentioned earlier.
I appreciate all the responses. Thank you.

glad i found this..i recently purchased a 2012 venture gt....an have read a few times about fuel relay issues..........is the 8gn-81950-00 the same for venture gts? an could you tell me where to look for thos relay on my venture....so far it seems to work fine... but i wanted to have a spare an get some idea what to look for if this issues arisses..........thanks

just to keep this going the relays are just in front of the left foot well if your on the sled behind the belt access cover..think it was updated on some newer sleds . the new one's are Red.

It's red. Well Yamaha red so a light red. The old ones are just black. If you have the old one do yourself a favor and change it. Otherwise you'll end up spending 30 minutes in the cold fighting your sled.

found the relays,,,, there blk..:( guess i should order some spares............. which relays the fuel relay...

The one that doesn't click in the cold

Sorry I couldn't help myself. I think it's the second one from the left. I can look when I get home.

On my 2014 Vector LTX, when sitting on the sled, it's the farthest one on the left. #1 of L-R

Back