• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 LTX-SE suspension

Canuguy

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Viper LTX-SE
Bought this as brand new leftover last season. Got 2000kms (1200 miles) on it now and still find the rear suspension super stiff. Any ideas/suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have tried both - been gaining weight steadily over past 10 years :)
Have also been driving more aggressively the older I get but this LTX suspension is crazy stiff...

I'm an honest 240 dressed, and do see that it is stiff for most riders, I ride very aggressive so prefer a stiff skid, I would suggest revalving shocks and setting all springs to the lowest setting, you can take up on limiters but may find handling issues doing that.

PM me best $80 per shock you will ever spend.

Where are you located (I'm in Canada), plus what kind of turnaround time, and finally, how easy/difficult is it to remove shocks to send? I suspect I'll wait till sledding season winds down before I have the shocks rebuilt and hoping my back can handle it for remainder of season. Can you send me your contact/location inormation?

Where are you located (I'm in Canada), plus what kind of turnaround time, and finally, how easy/difficult is it to remove shocks to send? I suspect I'll wait till sledding season winds down before I have the shocks rebuilt and hoping my back can handle it for remainder of season. Can you send me your contact/location inormation?

Steve Spiering
4918 County Road B
Manitowoc,WI 54220
(920)323-1973
C27 Shock Doc on Facebook

3 day turnaround unless Snowmobiling

Thanks Steve

I
Bought this as brand new leftover last season. Got 2000kms (1200 miles) on it now and still find the rear suspension super stiff. Any ideas/suggestions?

I found putting softer cat springs in helped a lot as well. I also ended up upgrading the rear skid shocks to axis shocks.

Cannondale rebuilt my shocks and did an awesome job. It is a huge improvement, but I still feel the springs are way too stiff for my liking. I ordered a dual rate spring (an Arctic Cat part) for front track shock and new (2016-17 Yamaha Viper LTX) torsion springs that are a softer spring. Waiting for all parts to arrive so I can install everything at the same time. There are numerous threads here about the LTX rear suspension, try using the SEARCH TOOL. Happy reading.

All of the Cat springs are currently on back order:
(#1704-736, #2704-026, #2704-027)
$150 for all 3 plus shipping

You can however order a true dual rate front spring from Hygear:
(https://www.hygearsuspension.com/co...s/center-dual-rate-pro-series-spring-kit-snow)
$179 plus shipping

The other option is to get the torsion springs from Hygear as well:
(https://www.hygearsuspension.com/co...aha-viper-ltx-arctic-cat-xf-137-pair-modified)
$169 custom tuned to your weight

What are the part numbers for the 2017 LTX torsion springs? I cant seem to figure out which model to select from the parts fiche.

Thanks for all the support- I have some options now. Will probably wait till the season is over to resolve. Appreciate the helpful advice!

Back