• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Viper Exhaust Can. What is the Best ?

Im looking for something thats light weight and will give me the most horse power.

viper21 said:
Im looking for something thats light weight and will give me the most horse power.

BEEEEEE Careful what you ask for. I wanted a better sound for my nytro. Baught a Hindle Exhaust and it caused a HUGE ripple affect. The can forced my engine to run lean......... This required a fuel controller........... Then I had a bout a 9 HP gain and was hitting the rev limiter........ So I clutched it........... Already had the fuel controller so why not add a full exhaust and bump it to a 21 HP gain........... Required more clutching.

$2000 later it ran right again. The good side is that I have a Nytro that Dyno'd at 151HP. The bad side is for $2000 I could of had a TURBO! This all started with the exhaust can.

00-NUKE said:
viper21 said:

BEEEEEE Careful what you ask for. I wanted a better sound for my nytro. Baught a Hindle Exhaust and it caused a HUGE ripple affect. The can forced my engine to run lean......... This required a fuel controller........... Then I had a bout a 9 HP gain and was hitting the rev limiter........ So I clutched it........... Already had the fuel controller so why not add a full exhaust and bump it to a 21 HP gain........... Required more clutching.

$2000 later it ran right again. The good side is that I have a Nytro that Dyno'd at 151HP. The bad side is for $2000 I could of had a TURBO! This all started with the exhaust can.
LOL!!! I think at on time or another we have all been there. My last cat was that way. I told my wife I NEEDED a can. That led to extensive carb tuning, intake work, reeds, ect. Finally got it running right and sold it to buy my viper. Still hearing about that one.

viper21 said:

I know that MPI makes a lighter better flowing and quieter muffler than stock. i have it with my turbo and its quieter than stock, but is more free flowing.

YamahaTim said:
viper21 said:

I know that MPI makes a lighter better flowing and quieter muffler than stock. i have it with my turbo and its quieter than stock, but is more free flowing.
It's only quieter because you have the turbo in front of it...no turbo, it will be loud.

Ulmer is doing the testing right now. He has pictures and description on them on Facebook. Still quieter.

I guess Allen said deeper throatier sound. And can reach chain adjuster without removing the muffler.

Where can we get a turbo for $2000?

how is the fit with the Quiet can? No contact/melting issues?
For the most part, yes. If you have a tendency to flop the sled on it’s right side , boon-docking, it will push on the panel enough to contact the muffler and melt it a bit if your not quick to right the sled.

Back