• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015-2016 Yellowknife Mileage Log

Good to hear,sorry the viper didn't work out for you, I have a 15' ltx with 3200 Mile's and no issues whatsoever, fires right up in -25°, I know it's not the same as -40°, give it another chance, most if not all bugs have been worked out already.

good to see you back.

lol in gregs favor, they did come back out with the vk540 and i know from experiance the old ones are tough as nails and the improvements on the new one where what the old one needed.

Is there a Sidewinder BTX in your future?? That Video must have taken you days to splice all that Bear Cat footage together!!

Good to hear,sorry the viper didn't work out for you, I have a 15' ltx with 3200 Mile's and no issues whatsoever, fires right up in -25°, I know it's not the same as -40°, give it another chance, most if not all bugs have been worked out already.

That's good! I'm glad they've improved. It was more than just the starting issues though that led me away from the product for my riding conditions/style. I'm still really enjoying the sleds I purchased.

good to see you back.

lol in gregs favor, they did come back out with the vk540 and i know from experiance the old ones are tough as nails and the improvements on the new one where what the old one needed.

You are on the right track with what he purchased, stay tuned ;-)

Is there a Sidewinder BTX in your future?? That Video must have taken you days to splice all that Bear Cat footage together!!

Probably not in my future, but never say never. The video took a crazy amount of time. I went through many hours of footage, 7 years of it.

Here's the next vid folks;

2016 Snowmobile Season: Episode 2

Video Description: The first real ride of the season north to Gordon Lake over early snow and ice conditions, running into a long lost herd of animals on the second ride, talking about the issue's I've had so far with the Renegade, more rides including the first trip into Hearne Lake Lodge, some unplanned water skipping, meeting Ken & Edie's new family member at the lodge, Andrew has a minor wipe out, several encounters with ptarmigan, a run in with a fox, the first ride out to the cabin with Alex revealing another 'visitor' made it into the cabin before us, showing my first significant damage to the Renegade.

Cheers,

YK

Next!

2016 Snowmobile Season: Episode 3: Greg's New Ride

Video Description: Radek has a speed/RPM issue with his Expedition, I try to demonstrate my speed/RPM issue with my Backcountry, Greg debuts his new sled in typical Greg fashion, Andrew breaks the trail on the island for ice fishing, Greg takes a second run at towing the boggan onto the island, a little bit of ice fishing action, a chat with Greg on his new sled purchase revealing his first accident with it, the damage, Chef Cameron joins us for the dinner menu, a December view of the snow accumulation, ptarmigan on the trail, returning from the lodge from the Christmas trip with Greg, Janice, Margaret and Brayden, Margaret's sled has an issue, rescuing Margaret's sled, helping Jay learn to ride his Yamaha, waiting for Jay as usual, part of a visit to the lodge with Brayden, and a quick test ride on a 2016 Renegade Enduro 600 E-TEC

Cheers,

YK

Next - a shorter episode, more-so for housekeeping when I wasn't filming much. Pieced together what footage I had.

2016 Snowmobile Season: Episode 4: Bye Bye Viper

Video Description: Patchy footage through January/February of 2016, heading to the lodge, fishing with Brayden and Doug, waiving good-bye to the Viper for good, more commentary regarding the test ride on the 2016 Ski-doo Renegade Enduro as I contemplate what to buy to replace the Viper, another ride out to the lodge with Bearcat Cameron, a rare appearance from Nate with his XRS.

Cheers,

YK

Your videos are one of my guilty pleasures ...snow, water, mud. What I can't understand is how you or Greg can sell any of your used stuff after posting videos showing your adventures. If I bought a used paperclip from you I'd ask for a warranty. All good fun, keep it up.

Your videos are one of my guilty pleasures ...snow, water, mud. What I can't understand is how you or Greg can sell any of your used stuff after posting videos showing your adventures. If I bought a used paperclip from you I'd ask for a warranty. All good fun, keep it up.

It isn't easy to sell, but we manage lol

Here's the next episode!

2016 Snowmobile Season: Episode 5: Ride Quebec

Video Description: My first time riding in Quebec, Canada. Richard Hotte from www.passion-yamaha.com took me on a 3 day ride through groomed trails.

Cheers,

YK

looks like you had fun. i grew up doing what you do in yellowknife and still do a bunch of it every season. but groomed trail blast days are really fun too.

looks like you had fun. i grew up doing what you do in yellowknife and still do a bunch of it every season. but groomed trail blast days are really fun too.

Absolutely. I miss the groomed trails having grown up on them, and it really is apples and oranges comparing the two styles. I love them both for totally different reasons.

Next Episode...

2016 Snowmobile Season: Episode 6: J-Crash

Video Description: The Viper replacement is revealed, breaking in the new sled while powder riding, and I lend Jay the Nytro XTX for a powder ride he'll never forget.

Cheers,

YK

Here is the last video from the 2016 Season (2015-2016 winter) - new thread with 2017 Season (2016-2017 winter) starting soon!

2016 Snowmobile Season: Episode 7 of 7: 500K

Video Description: Out fishing and riding the tundra with Niobe and Byran at the cabin, Nate powder riding with his XRS 800, checking out a carcass on a trappers trail in search of powder, fishing at Jennyjohn with Brayden & Andrew, I complete a 500 km ride challenge in one day, Greg and I on our final pickerel fishing trip of the year, jigging with Cameron.

Cheers & thanks for watching another season even though it was a year late and pretty limited in filming!

YK

First of all did Jay have any broken bones or was he just banged up? Next, how about next time you are carving in nice powder you give the camera to someone else for awhile so I can see better how you do it. We rarely have snow like that and I keep trying to figure it out and get better.

Thanks for the awesome footage and all the work you put into recording your fun for us.

Back