• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Apex XTX HP

fredo4000

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 APEX XTX
2009 NITRO XTX
Horsepower,
brochure states 160. I've read here 150-151, YouTube D&D dyno pull on a 2012 showed 150-151 stock baseline. Anybody have any experience with Hurricane 167HP kit? Its seams that's the ceiling for N/A improvements w/o breaking the bank.

Apex is 160hp broken in as per dyno! Dynos however vary from place to place and depending who runs them and tunes them. Dyno is really only usefull for tuning a sled. Go to the Hurricane performance page there are a ton of answers and skepticism there!

http://ty4stroke.com/threads/new-hurricane-2011-current-180hp-apex-power-upgrade-kit.138402/

Thanks for the reply, I have seen the offerings out there for awhile and it seems 8-12hp is the range for upgrades putting an average upgrade to the tune of 172HP after the engine is loosened up ? Short of Yamacharger,Turbo or Supercharger that seems to be it?

I got the 180 kit from dave and it runs very smooth and strong, much stronger than my 06. Has me giggling like a little school girl in my helmet, have iceripper track and was not gunna stud but traction is non existent so bought studs to help hook up,didn't get time to get clutched the way i want this year so hopefully better snow next year. This is on a 2011 xtx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Have Emailed Dave about the 180 Kit, hope the clutch kit is close once all the equipment is installed. Thanks for the replys.

Horsepower,
brochure states 160. I've read here 150-151, YouTube D&D dyno pull on a 2012 showed 150-151 stock baseline. Anybody have any experience with Hurricane 167HP kit? Its seams that's the ceiling for N/A improvements w/o breaking the bank.
I would say brochure correct . Amsnow on 2011 Apex is 162.8 HP at 8300 Rpms.

I would say brochure correct . Amsnow on 2011 Apex is 162.8 HP at 8300 Rpms.

Yeah I thought I read somewhere that was a bit warmed over sled, don't remember if they stated any mileage on the sled....

Yeah I thought I read somewhere that was a bit warmed over sled, don't remember if they stated any mileage on the sled....
Yes, I think that was the only one that I heard of that was 162 and that's what Yamaha then advertised. I remember when the production sleds started being Dynoed and all the bitching because they didn't get the 162! Pretty much every Dyno number that I heard of after good break in was 150/151. Pre 11's were mostly 147/148. The newer Apexes were more throttle responsive with a thicker midrange due to timing, EXUP and intake runners. Not much difference in peak Hp but the new Apex's were definitely crisper, smoother and all things equal a little quicker!

The first report at 163 was with added fuel to correct top end lean condition. Thinking was Yamaha would correct that in production sleds. They didn't! Take any Apex any year and after a thousand miles they wake right up! The Apex is a 160hp sled!

When we tested the first 2011 Apex with EXUP—a preproduction model with lots of demo miles on it—we saw over 163 HP. Of course, that test article ( ) had the customary cautionary note suggesting the preproduction might not = production. That appears to be the case. Since then, we’ve done more than a few production EXUP Apex, all measuring about 150 HP at peak. The 2013 is no exception. [end quote] This paragraph is from Dynotech dynoing for the shoot out and remember everybody says they are always high!
beleave what ever Dyno you want, telling people 160 will likely set them up for disappointment should they ever go to a Dyno!

Last edited:
Dynotech even tested one that had a yamacharger, pcv, and Bender aftermarket can. It made 169.9hp. They did not mention how many miles were on the test sled. That was on a 2011+

I spent a lot of time on the Dyno and proved 19-20 hp from the charger! The 11+ Apex required more fuel to make the power that's why the pc-v with the charger.

After 1,000 mi they pretty much made there power even though they seem to feel stronger with more miles they still Dyno basically the same power. The highest mile Apex I had on the Dyno was 6,000 ish mi.

Last edited:

Back