• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 LTX-LE Rear Suspension After Revalve

SnoNinja

aka "Plan B"
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper LTX-LE
2016 Vector LE For my Bride
2007 Phazer GT, 136" Stretch.
2002 SXR600 (still own)
1997 SX600 (sold)
1997 XT500 (sold)
2013 Can-Am Maverick 1000XRS
2006 Dodge Charger RT - Top Banana Daytona
This video is for everyone with an RTX or LTX (SE or LE) wondering just what you get after the relalve of the center and rear shocks.

Revalve included replacing piston in center shock (Carver Performance spec's), changing the valve stack in the rear shock (Carver Performance spec's), drilling out the rebound hole in the rear piston (Carver Performance spec.), and adding the Fox style scrappers to help keep water out of the shock.
I had the revalve job done by a local shock performance vendor, but Carver was very helpful providing him with the info so that all of the goodies could be ordered to their spec's.

The difference between the revalve suspension in terms of compression and rebound dampening is incredible. Prior to the revalve, it took two guys to compress the rear suspension, and you could drink a cup of hot chocolate wating for it to come back up.

Can't wait to ride it;)!

Just had mine done, just rear shock and went for a rip afterwards.
Its a new sled no comparison to the old set up at all!!
Cheers good video What spring setting are you at ?

Revalving the shocks is the single most biggest thing you can do to make the sled plusher to ride and also it makes it handle much better.

Just had mine done, just rear shock and went for a rip afterwards.
Its a new sled no comparison to the old set up at all!!
Cheers good video What spring setting are you at ?
I am only 155# so that's on position 1 - soft.

Amazing rebound for a soft setting..I only did the rear shock and rebound isn't that quick but the ride is so soft I'm packing 210 ponds so i am going to set at a 2 to see if i can see those results!
Cheers

Guys remember where Carver comes from. He valves for the racers. As awesome as the valve package is compared to stock at slow speed it gets better the faster you go. Is really amazing and even R-motion and Axys is not even close at least on those I have ridden.Yes you can have both! Cat and Yamaha really missed the boat on this one.

Subscribed. Waiting for the results of your next ride. SnoNinja, I talked to the shop that you took your shocks to, very nice guy and seemed to know exactly what I wanted in suspension upgrades. It's going to be my off season project along with some new skis.

If you take the wheels out from under the rear of your skid you will see that the compression is slower and rebound is also slower than you show on your video. I have about 1200 miles on my axis pro's and when I first put them on I did the same thing and was shocked with the ease of compression. With the rear of the suspension lifted you have to compress 1/2 of the stroke before the suspension couples and works normal. Try it once and see the difference. I have all 4 shocks done and the difference is amazing. As stated by Cannondale the faster you go the smoother the ride. I can ride over 1.5-2 foot moguls at 50 and they literally disappear! Just don't get out of the throttle because things change quickly and your soon back to the ups and downs! LOL!!

At 35 mph it's nearly as smooth but slightly more rocking back and forth but shifting weight to the rear reduces that quite a bit!

Mike at Carver performance did my snopro 720 shocks and he will be doing my R TX -DX 129 this summer

Went for a rip today with new shock set-up and man, what a difference. It's like riding a blue and orange couch, only much faster. Soaked up all of the chatter and really comfortable in the bigger bumps. Handling much improved with less out of control wheelieing corner to croner. Will still unload the front and lift the skis under staight line acceleration, but much more controlable. I am set all out on the limiter, and postion 1 on the torsions, 1 on the coupler blocks, and have 3/8" preload in the center spring. Front shocks are at 70 psi. Pounded the sled pretty hard and didn't feel the rear bottom out. I did feel that I was using alomost all of the rear travel when needed and that was the goal.

Still have a bit to much carbide bite on the groomed trail and plowed roads, so I am now going to adjust center preload a bit tighter and may take a few psi out of the front to find the sweet spot.

Anybody that has an LTX or RTX LE or SE with a harsh ride (I thinnk they all have it stock), I'd recommend a revalve. If you want a quality ride that doesn't beat you or your wallet up, it is the way to go.

Last edited:
Mike at Carver performance did my snopro 720 shocks and he will be doing my R TX -DX 129 this summer

Guys remember where Carver comes from. He valves for the racers. As awesome as the valve package is compared to stock at slow speed it gets better the faster you go. Is really amazing and even R-motion and Axys is not even close at least on those I have ridden.Yes you can have both! Cat and Yamaha really missed the boat on this one.

My guy knows Mike and sees him at the races every week. He is a team manager and his background is in racing supensions. First on MotoX and now both MotoX and SnoX. First Yami that he revalved, but I am working on him to join TY (maybe as a vendor). Nice to have a local Northern MI guy so that we don't have to ship out our shocks. I made arrangements on Wednesday, Chad ordered parts, dropped my skid off Monday noon, and picked it up a 4:00 on Wednesday.

Last edited:
My guy knows Mike and sees him at the races every week. He is a team manager and his background is in racing supensions. First on MotoX and now both MotoX and SnoX. First Yami that he revalved, but I am working on him to join TY (maybe as a vendor). Nicve to have a local Northern MI guy so that we don't have to ship out our shocks. I made arrangements on Wednesday, Chad ordered parts, dropped my skid off Monday noon, and picked it up a 4:00 on Wednesday.

Awesome... we can always use good Vendors.

Back