• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 LTX-LE Rear Suspension After Revalve

I guess my 14' ltx must be an exception to the stiff rear suspension. Right from day one I have had an inch or two of sag and now with 1300 miles it seems to have loosened up a little more. With my torsion spring set at #2 for my weight (170# fully dressed) I can push mine down just like the video but the rebound is a little slower on the way up. Still trying to fine tune the weight transfer for light steering and good cornering.

its not so much the sag. its riding hard and hitting the bumps. when the rear jumps up, instead of soaking it up. how fast it rebounds is a direct relation with how fast it will compress when hitting bumps.

its not so much the sag. its riding hard and hitting the bumps. when the rear jumps up, instead of soaking it up. how fast it rebounds is a direct relation with how fast it will compress when hitting bumps.

And handling. No more Push with just about any ski you prefer. Its all about proper transfer. Will make you hook up better also.

with having a "fast reacting" rear skid it keeps the track in better contact with the snow creating better traction, which directly correlates into better acceleration, breaking, and handling.

Thanks for clarifying. I may look into the revalving if I can't get the steering fine tuned. I get either heavy steering which makes for sore arms or too much push in the corners. still trying to dial it in.

This is an awesome explanation of what my rear suspensions acts like. The rear suspension takes the first hit fairly well, after that it "packs up" and skims the tops transferring all the impacts through the chassis to the rider. It's terrible that a snowmobile company let's stuff like this out the door. The ONLY WAY to fix it is with a revalve.

I am a witnesses that snowninja suspension revalve setup is dialed in, It.works!!! We rode today doing lots of hillside tree riding and had a blast with 10 sleds, fun ride and fun group. I could definitely tell his sled was handling better then the last time we rode. While on the way to dinner I decided to try and record on gopro his suspension in motion on some pretty rough moguls and to make a long story short I could not keep up to record it. Our sleds are set up differently as I ride a bit more back country with a xtx le and snowninja rides a bit more trail this a ltx le but I can tell you I can't keep up with him on the rough stuff, but I think I can leave him in snow dust zig zaging up a tree line. :)

Last edited:
I am a witnesses that snowninja suspension revalve setup is dialed in, It.works!!! We rode today doing lots of hillside tree riding and had a blast with 10 sleds, fun ride and fun group. I could definitely tell his sled was handling better then the last time we rode. While on the way to dinner I decided to try and record on gopro his suspension in motion on some pretty rough moguls and to make a long story short I could not keep up to record it. Our sleds are set up differently as I ride a bit more back country with a xtx le and snowninja rides a bit more trail this a ltx le but I can tell you I can't keep up with him on the rough stuff, but I think I can leave him in snow dust zig zaging up a tree line. :)
Agreed. Trying to run backcountry hillclimbing through the trees is not what I set up for. Still capable, but you have to respect the sleds limits. I set this sled up to ditch bash and run the power lines and trials hard. The LTX LE with the right set up does not disappoint.

Thanks for another great day Yamahaguys;)!

It seems like everyone is going to the Carver spec revalve and adjustments. Has anyone ever tried B-Line? They are minutes from my house and it sure would be much more convenient to use them. Curious if Bruce would consider doing them to Carver specs? Does carver give out this information?

If you check with Cannondale 27, he can do Carver valving. I believe he gets his valve stacks from them.

I'll throw in my $.02 and say that I too had Carver revalve my shocks and they are awesome. I have the fancy clicker shocks on the RR skid-RTX LE

Float 3 Evol DSC2 fronts. Most run very low air pressure to compensate for excessive hydraulic damping. I run 70psi. Two clicks on the clickers and I can feel a very noticeable difference.

I'm not opposed to going through Cannon or Carver, but Bruce @ B-Line Control is basically my neighbor, just 5 miles down the road from me. It would be a lot easier, faster, and cheaper just to run my shocks over there and pick them up when done than it would be to ship them to the other side of WI or the other side of MN and back again

Your guy knew Mike, is that why he shared the info on his specs for the LTX? Would he share it with Bruce @ B-Line?

ahh screw it. Bruce just got back from Canada last night, and he is leaving in two days for X-Games, he said if I drop them off today he will have em back to me tomorrow or the day after. I'm going to give it a whirl. I'll post an after video like SnoNinja did for a rough comparison. I cant do a before video cause my sled looks like this currently:
IMG-645145140.png

Back