• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Season Ride video! 3rd video!

Nice video, Murse. Was that entirely in Ontario? I've only ever been up there on fishing trips. Looks like you've got some great trail systems. How much would it cost a U.S. citizen to get a trail permit for short trip (not a full season pass)?

Most of that video was in Quebec. You can buy 1-3 day passes for like 50-120$ I do believe and you'll need proof of insurance of course. Other than that I'm not sure.

Thanks I'm trying to get better as I go make the videos more exciting since I don't like do stunts lol trail riding videos can be repetitive as I've learned so I'm trying to mix it up. Keeping it short as well.

Im going to make anotehr very short video of messing around in the back yard busting drifts and such we'll see what kind of shots I can get with that.

Most of that video was in Quebec.
I guess the first clue was the sled coral at the hotel ... I've read that parts of Quebec are known targets for thieves stealing sleds, trailers and tow vehicles, especially when they are from the U.S. Not trying to bad mouth Quebec, it's just what I've read (even on this site).

I get what you mean when say trail riding videos can be repetitive. I like that your video sort of tells a story and that you show a lot of the scenery and stops along the way. Other trail videos mostly show the view from a helmet cam (often pointed too low) and rarely highlight some of the trail stops. If the business owners don't mind, it would be nice to show the inside of some the local watering holes too. Its details like this that inspire others to visit these places.

Anyway, great video ... keep 'em coming!

That's a good idea I'll keep that in mind for the next one shots of the hotels and restaurants. The hotel in the video is in St. Raymond QC best trip I've ever been on. We rode to Lac St Jean and looped back. Thanks for the compliments I watched my older videos and I'm learning as I go how I can make them better so the suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks I'm trying to get better as I go make the videos more exciting since I don't like do stunts lol trail riding videos can be repetitive as I've learned so I'm trying to mix it up. Keeping it short as well.

I know what you mean but I actually could have watched at least double what you recorded.
Great job. ;)!

Curious, what editing/uploading site/movie maker site do you use?
I am new to Go Pro cameras but would like to learn more about making a vid then uploading it to youtube.
I video'd my son and I this year riding from Port Perry to the Ganny, it turned out great imo but I need to edit it, add music, upload it etc.

Any help/info would be appreciated.

If you have a Gopro I recommend (and use) Gopro Studio. http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-studio/GoPro-Studio.html#/start=1 It's free and pretty easy to use. Just make sure you have a decent computer. Check the system requirements and if you want seem less use make your computer double what the requirements are. With this software you can upload directly to YouTube in different video quality modes. Of course you'll need a YouTube account. You can use Windows Movie maker as well it is pretty easy to use too. My next program will be Powerdirector just a little more fancy program that's around 50$. I literally have a 3 TB external hard drive full of Gopro recordings. You literally spend most of your time going through your videos looking for the perfect shots you took. It is tedious but can be fun once you are done. I am a little obsessive with owning things so I keep all of my videos and all originals even if I don't need them. I could probably make 2 or more videos with the shots I currently have. I also built a 2500$ computer which makes things os easy...however not necessary I just wanted an awesome computer. You can buy an 800-1000$ computer will do just fine. As long as there is a large enough hard drive 1TB or more 4GB of ram or more and an intel Core i3 or more you will be good. Some will say mac is better I do not have experience with that. This all sounds complicated but it's pretty simple once you look into it. I have a desktop I built with 16GB ram intel Core i5 overclocked at 4.2 GHZ with two 3 TB hard drives and an ASUS P8Z77 mother board. I have an ASUS Nvidea Geforce GTX 660 4GB video card which makes editing smooth like silk. It is amazing what a well built well taken care of computer can do. I also have a 4 TB and two 2 TB external hard rives for extra storage. Like I said sounds complicated but it gets easy. Important part is the software you use. Gopro studio works and a decent laptop will do the trick just will take longer to render the video and convert files.

I use GoPro CineForm Studio to convert the raw files from the GoPro camera. Watch them and edit out the parts I don't want to use.
Drag the good stuff over to Windows Movie Maker. It will automatically convert the files if needed. Fine tune the editing and add captions and pics.
Drag and drop a music file into it and you have a basic video. You can upload directly to YouTube from WMM or save it on the computer and upload from there.

If you have a Gopro I recommend (and use) Gopro Studio. http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-studio/GoPro-Studio.html#/start=1 It's free and pretty easy to use. Just make sure you have a decent computer. Check the system requirements and if you want seem less use make your computer double what the requirements are. With this software you can upload directly to YouTube in different video quality modes. Of course you'll need a YouTube account. You can use Windows Movie maker as well it is pretty easy to use too. My next program will be Powerdirector just a little more fancy program that's around 50$. I literally have a 3 TB external hard drive full of Gopro recordings. You literally spend most of your time going through your videos looking for the perfect shots you took. It is tedious but can be fun once you are done. I am a little obsessive with owning things so I keep all of my videos and all originals even if I don't need them. I could probably make 2 or more videos with the shots I currently have. I also built a 2500$ computer which makes things os easy...however not necessary I just wanted an awesome computer. You can buy an 800-1000$ computer will do just fine. As long as there is a large enough hard drive 1TB or more 4GB of ram or more and an intel Core i3 or more you will be good. Some will say mac is better I do not have experience with that. This all sounds complicated but it's pretty simple once you look into it. I have a desktop I built with 16GB ram intel Core i5 overclocked at 4.2 GHZ with two 3 TB hard drives and an ASUS P8Z77 mother board. I have an ASUS Nvidea Geforce GTX 660 4GB video card which makes editing smooth like silk. It is amazing what a well built well taken care of computer can do. I also have a 4 TB and two 2 TB external hard rives for extra storage. Like I said sounds complicated but it gets easy. Important part is the software you use. Gopro studio works and a decent laptop will do the trick just will take longer to render the video and convert files.

Great info Murse, thank you!;)!

I think you hit the nail on the head as far as computers go. Mine is over 10 yrs old now and is quite slow even watching videos, let alone uploading, editing them etc.

I have been thinking about a new one for quite some time now, just not sure if I should have one custom built at a tech shop or purchase one at something like Future Shop?

Either way, I don't think I should venture into uploading my current Go Pro vid until I do?

Honestly they'll charge you an arm and a leg for custom. FutureShop will have side real nice gaming laptops or desktops for around 800-1100 $ will be plenty. You can try on your computer like what I did with my old one but it kept crashing and not working for the video editing aspect.

Back