• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

Yammerhead said:
Here's what I was getting at. I finally gave up playing the waiting game. My first non-Yamaha I've owned. My next purchase will likely be a non-Yamaha fanner for my daughter to learn and gain confidence on.

Great choice. Looks more and more Im gonna be on an XM next year after being on blue my whole life.

sheetwright said:
What I was getting at is, it seems as if most brands minus the 1200 doo, have gotten away from producing sit down sleds. Right or wrong it seems to be that way. Trust me 50% of the time I miss my apex. Went to look at an eps hold over yesterday. The majority seems to get the nod with change even if there is a smaller demanding market for a vector/apex body style. Some guys no matter what brand like to be lower in stance, squat, corner and go. Now that polaris, most ski doos, and cats are going rider forward and taller Yamaha seems to want to follow. Also follow in stream lining their sled chassis and body's to create a savings or profit (however you look at that coin).

New Cats are no more rider forward then my Apex. Same distance from ski spindle to seat!

Maybe I don't understand rider forward! :dunno:

Sasquatch said:
sheetwright said:
What I was getting at is, it seems as if most brands minus the 1200 doo, have gotten away from producing sit down sleds. Right or wrong it seems to be that way. Trust me 50% of the time I miss my apex. Went to look at an eps hold over yesterday. The majority seems to get the nod with change even if there is a smaller demanding market for a vector/apex body style. Some guys no matter what brand like to be lower in stance, squat, corner and go. Now that polaris, most ski doos, and cats are going rider forward and taller Yamaha seems to want to follow. Also follow in stream lining their sled chassis and body's to create a savings or profit (however you look at that coin).

New Cats are no more rider forward then my Apex. Same distance from ski spindle to seat!

The seat/rider position is key. I am 6' 4" and have spent time on both a 2014 Apex and a Viper and the Viper is hands down more comfortable for me. My knees would be sore at the end of the day after riding the Apex

Sasquatch said:
sheetwright said:

I have wondered this too. Rider forward sleds these days don't really look like rider forward anymore. Just looks like everyone has a different idea on how to mount plastic nowadays

Well it looks like I might be jumping ship in two years if yammie can't produce a 900 ace like sled.. If not, then it'd doo-doo time for me.. MM. #$%&* :o| :o|

MadMax said:
Well it looks like I might be jumping ship in two years if yammie can't produce a 900 ace like sled.. If not, then it'd doo-doo time for me.. MM. #$%&* :o| :o|

Don't know about the 900 ACE but I drove a 600 ACE last year, and too my surprise I loved it. It was ridiculously quiet and the fuel milage was just crazy. If I could have my Yamaha that
quiet I'd do it.

time to try something different..

Since my kind of snowmobiling has changed from trails, (often really bumpy ones here i Sweden) to more of trail i decided to try ski-doos freeride after over 20 years on yamaha. Last on my 2007 apex streched to 144" with tracksusa extensionkit.
Have been looking at the X-ride version of the Nytro sold here in Scandinavia. (http://cdn.yamaha-motor.eu/product_asse ... quality=75), but i got to curious to try something else.

I truly hope that Yamaha decides to start making some lighter machines. Their engines are truly one of a kind!

Bye for now!

/ Rob.

Back