• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016-2017 Yellowknife Mileage Log

Next;

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 11: XMAS Vacation

Video Description: Sorting out the rebound adjustments on my new X-Package shocks, riding the trails and reviewing the range of shock adjustment, hitting the 300 hour mark on my 600 E-TEC bone stock original engine, loading up for our annual XMAS trip to Hearne Lake Lodge, showing the new snowmobile ramp I purchased for loading and unloading sleds in the back of the truck, riding out with Brayden and his parents to the lodge with the entire fleet of sleds, being greeted by Griffin at the lodge, filming a little bit of what we were having for dinner with Ken and Edie, a ride on day 2, stopping in at Watta Lake Lodge, talking about the 2009 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX and the two 2015 Ski-doo Renegade Backcountry's, and heading home.

Cheers,

YK

Next Video...

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 12: Mouse Hunter

Video Description: A ride with Doug to put in the Drybones trail from Hearne Lake to Drybones Bay on Great Slave Lake, running into a couple folks who happened to be breaking the trail from the opposite end, footage of the great mouse hunter, dealing with a little bit of ice buildup in the cold, another ride to the lodge with Doug and Nate, Doug rescues one of my boggan runners, running the Francois River over usually impossible terrain, Doug spots a moose, testing the ice on the Hearne Channel in the East Arm of Great Slave Lake, showing a revised tour of the inside and outside of Hearne Lake Lodge, we film mileage of Nate's XRS 800, Doug's Renegade X 600 and my Backcountry 600 before Doug heads home, and Griffin goes a little crazy on camera.

Cheers!

YK

Here's the next episode!

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 14: Cold Starts

Video Description: New Years Day at the lodge, getting the sleds going at -30 C, doing a once-over on the higher mileage Backcountry, meeting up with Bearcat Cameron and Andrew (now renamed Andy by Greg), battling the sleet on the ride out to Jennejohn, re-enacting an issue with 'Andy's' sled, and discussing hitting the 12,000 km mark on the Backcountry.

Cheers,

YK

Did some binge watching last week while my wife was in Mexico. Miss the gang up there and it was good doing some catching up.
I love the adventures you guys go do. That old mine was really cool and crazy that they just left all that expensive equipment!
Chad

Did some binge watching last week while my wife was in Mexico. Miss the gang up there and it was good doing some catching up.
I love the adventures you guys go do. That old mine was really cool and crazy that they just left all that expensive equipment!
Chad

Yeah, nuts I know!! Thanks for watching!!

Next up;

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 16: Not Surprised

Video Description: Continuing the fishing trip awaiting Andrew Pacemakers surprise birthday party in town, Bearcat Cameron up to his old antics, Andrew's surprise party gone wrong, a quick ride with Doug followed by another trip with Doug and Natey-Doo, a few thoughts on Ski-doo's Base Layer, issues with Nate's XRS, Doug's inReach device, Nate and Doug play a trick on me, exploring a camp at Awry Lake, and having a trail lunch

Cheers,

YK

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 17: Minus 39

Video Description: Showing my broken helmet camera, snowmobiling out to go fishing at -39 C, fishing with Bearcat Cameron and the gang, showing how I broke my windshield again, more problems with Natey-doo's XRS 800, Charles shows up on the Axys for the first time this year, Doug makes an appearance, the fishing continues, resolving the broken helmet camera issue, moose hunting with Greg, Nate and Andrew, heading out to Doug's cabin, Doug breaks his boggan hitch, catching up on Doug's sled repairs, show the mileage and engine hours on the Backcountry, and a day ride with Doug.

Cheers,

YK

Here's the next fix!

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 18

Video Description: Natey-doo and I head to Alex's cabin for the first time this season, Nate talks about his hard starting XRS 800, finding the latest animal to wander inside the cabin, my only ride of the season with Charles as we head to White Beach Point in search of powder, fishing with Bearcat Cameron, Natey-doo and Andrew Paceymaker, showing my windshield repair and new intake pre-filter, driving with no hands, and a disturbing set of cups.

Cheers

YK

Better late than later...

You can thank a weekend of rain for this one getting done - summer's been busy and as usual I haven't delivered in the video department ;-)

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 20

Video Description: Taking the nephew sleding and fishing with Bearcat Cameron, Andrew Pacemaker and Brayden Bobayden, and searching for new powder with Nateydoo

Cheers,

YK

Thanks for watchin! Here's the next one...

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 22

Video Description: Harvesting firewood for the end of the season, Sledside Assistance shows up to resolve my chainsaw issue, meeting up with Bearcat Cameron, Andrew Pacemaker and Janice, repairing the repair the dealer made to Andrews sled, Groundhog day with the fishing box in the boggan, WOT powder riding on the lake, and the start of another Hearne Lake Lodge trip with a clue to the latest snowmobile testing opportunity coming up on Episode 23

Cheers,

YK

The adventure continues...

2017 Snowmobile Season: Episode 23: 850 Fun

Video Description: Arrival at Hearne Lake Lodge, Bearcat Cameron being Bearcat Cameron, meeting Hunter the pup, introducing the 2017 Ski-doo MX Z Renegade X 850 E-TEC, riding and commenting on the sled, having a hard time finding the trail, the first malfunction, some fuel economy numbers, and joining Nateydoo with the 850

Cheers,

YK

Back