• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 Minnesota ride

Sleddineinar

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
97 700mm & 08 Nytro xtx
FACEBOOK
Sleddineinar
Looking at my calendar I'm thinking Feb 23-26 For the MN ride... We can use our place in Ely, but only a couple people can stay with me this year. We get rooms at the Junction Inn in Babbitt. A group stayed there last year.

I might make it this year. Kids last reg season game is that Thursday. Could drive up Friday sometime. Now I'd better get my sled finished up.

That would be good. Stayed there last year and was Lot of fun. Weenie roast won't be that weekend. Might have to put a govenor on my Sidewinder so I don't get a ticket though.

I'm in for 2 days for sure, Also have an extra bedroom at my house about 45 miles from the ride point.

:letsnow:I'm in this year. Need to get some miles on the new sled!

I have room for 4-5 people this year. My mom decided to stay there for the winter this year, she may or may not be there that weekend, she comes & goes. So first ones to contact me are in. Junction Inn is a great place to stay and it's in Babbitt. They don't do group blocks so you'll need to contact them on your own. (218) 827-7666 or http://junctioninnsuites.com/

Hope we get the snow they are calling for tonight and thru Wednesday!

Any update on the decided dates Sleddineinar?

Hope we get the snow they are calling for tonight and thru Wednesday!

Any update on the decided dates Sleddineinar?

I will be up there the 23rd thru the 27th. But the official ride will be Friday the 24th & Saturday the 25th. Anyone who wants to ride Sunday as well is welcome to.

Looking at the Extended Forecast I think we are in trouble, With what I see on the trails right now I don't see them making it much past the weekend. I'm out to the UP this weekend and I'll be back Monday where I'll go take a rip around here and see what we have left.

I was riding over the weekend, rode from my place to Cook, then Side Lake, and back to my place and down to Babbitt. Trails were really nice! lots of base up there, Almost 3 feet in the woods around Johnson Lake. I will be riding again this weekend with my family. We will play it by ear, but I see that there is a good chance of 3-5" and a cool down by Friday of the ride. I'll keep everyone posted.

Rode the North Shore today. Just from the Martin Rd to Pequaywan and back. Caught the groomer at the start of the trip and again at the at the Y on the Pequaywan trail. Trails were in awesome shape. First tracks out and back. But the next 7 days look bad........ mid to upper 40's, sunny or rain down in the Duluth area. Hopefully you get the 3-5" up there!!

Went out yesterday all around the ride area, there is already dirt showing through in a few spots.

Back